Stupidity won this time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was this arrogant to begin with I doubt think he's going to learn from this mistake. Maybe we should add cameras, up the financial penalties, and bring license revocation into the mix? I think the fines should be high enough to pay for upkeep of the crossing gates, which I've heard are surprisingly expensive to install and maintain.

If he was this arrogant to begin with I doubt think he's going to learn from this mistake. Maybe we should add cameras, up the financial penalties, and bring license revocation into the mix? I think the fines should be high enough to pay for upkeep of the crossing gates, which I've heard are surprisingly expensive to install and maintain.
Couldn't agree with you more. We have red light cameras, what about grade crossing cameras?

Couldn't agree with you more. We have red light cameras, what about grade crossing cameras?
Let's add repair costs for locomotives and cars too. Maybe some mental anguish for passengers too. I was on a train that killed three back in the 60's. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Most unfortunate. I hope this person loses next time he does something stupid and before he pollutes the gene pool with his progeny.

Most unfortunate. I hope this person loses next time he does something stupid and before he pollutes the gene pool with his progeny.
By that logic, the opposite is true. He made it. He's the gazelle that outran the lion. He is the future of the species. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
By that logic, the opposite is true. He made it. He's the gazelle that outran the lion. He is the future of the species. ;)
Nah, apparently Pontiac just makes cars that are superior to most in the dubious skill of running railroad crossing gates.

Nah, apparently Pontiac just makes cars that are superior to most in the dubious skill of running railroad crossing gates.
Oh no, not a Pontiac owner. I take it all back. The poor slob is doomed. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, it's one kind of stupid to run a grade crossing in front of a freight train that takes about 10 minutes to get all 100 cars past. It's an entirely different level of stupid to run in front of an Amtrak with at most six cars. You can't wait 30 seconds? Really?

Kind of surprises me.... I would have thought a front wheel drive car would have been able to continue simply driving down the street.

No, the fuel pump is in the gas tank. He is one lucky SOB.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back