STRANGE Sleeper ;)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noordam

Train Attendant
There is no "general forum" so I picked this forum. :p

First you take one of these

home.jpg

And place it on one of these:

Prototype02.jpg

And go for a trip. :D

I was googling the trains that do Copper Canyon in Mexico and came on this Airstreamer Caravan

Here

WE STILL HAVE RESERVATIONS AVAILABLE ON THE PIGGYBACK COPPER CANYON CARAVAN! THIS CARAVAN WILL BE OPEN TO A "BUDDY" CARAVAN...ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN IN THE FUN!

“Copper Canyon Piggyback" Caravan #265

February 25, 2004 to March 17, 2004

Back by popular demand…We have secured Ferrocarril Mexicano train. This caravan is limited to 20 units. Riding in the comfort of your own unit on a railroad flat car you will view the glorious sights winding up and down through the mountains. You will cross 37 bridges and more than 86 tunnels, one more than a mile in length. Copper Canyon is a huge canyon across the Sierra Madre Mountains of Mexico. We drive our units onto the flatbed cars at Los Mochis. For the next 5 days we will travel throughout this beautiful part of Mexico. At night we sleep in our own beds and during the day we explore the areas of Bahuichivo for 2 days, Divasadero, and Creel for one day. The fifth day we end our train trip in LaJunta, Mexico. During the day we will be offered some of the best views of Copper Canyon from an elevation of approximately 9000 feet. You will meet and visit with the Tarahumara Indians, who live in caves of the Copper Canyon. The Tarahumara are excellent artist. You will have the opportunity to buy their beautiful baskets, embroidered sashes, blouses, and woodcarving. We visit Guaymas, Alamos, Mazatlan, Playa Los Glorias, and Chihuahua. The caravan rendezvous in Nogales, Arizona and terminates at the U.S.A. border at Presidio, Texas.

1 RV 2 People $3,095.00 1 RV 1 Person $2,895.00 Guest $650.00 $250.00 deposit required with registration.

That's definitely an interesting concept. :lol: Wonder if the FRA'll ever let something like that happen in the U.S.

Wow talk about a regulators field day...wonder how they plan on securing the trailers to the flatcars that would be interesting to say the least. This also gives a new twist to the concept of the mobile home. B)

I realize this is an old thread, BUT...

I just had to post another link to a similar Copper Canyon tour:

http://www.trackstoadventure.com/

Dunno anyplance in the US that does this, however they do have something similar on a barge on the Mississippi. B)

I wouldn't mind taking my '73 Travco motorhome on either one!

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back