STL - CUS August 2008 trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

winnie6052

Train Attendant
Planning an August 2008 weekend trip to Chicago.

Planning on going business class on Friday Aug 8th from STL - CHI.

Need help deciding on return on Sunday going business class on Lincoln Service at 9:25 am or

Texas Eagle at 1:45pm.

Is coach class on Texas Eagle similar to business class.

Any comments or suggestions.

Thanks much!!!

Coach on the TE is not like BC on the Lincoln Service. I'm not sure if CHI-STL uses just LD coaches or a SD coach, but if is a LD coach, you will have much more room than you do on a SD coach! :) Plus, the TE will have a full dining car and Sightseer Lounge! :)

Need help deciding on return on Sunday going business class on Lincoln Service at 9:25 am or

Thanks much!!!
The TE uses Superliner cars. They are much roomier than the low level standard coaches used on the Lincoln service. However, I have also ridden the BC from CUS to Normal, IL. It is nice too and allows you to perhaps have a single seat. When I rode the TE it was so full and they didn't have the St Louis coach in the consist so I ended up riding in the Sightseer lounge the whole way.

Enjoy the trip either way you go!

You mentioned a St Louis coach. Does tha tmean they use a seperate car solely for STL passengers. What type of car is it? Does it run on all TE trains?

Thanks much!!!
The TE uses Superliner cars. They are much roomier than the low level standard coaches used on the Lincoln service. However, I have also ridden the BC from CUS to Normal, IL. It is nice too and allows you to perhaps have a single seat. When I rode the TE it was so full and they didn't have the St Louis coach in the consist so I ended up riding in the Sightseer lounge the whole way.

Enjoy the trip either way you go!

If there's a St. Louis coach, it is an extra Superliner coach that is simply cut off in St. Louis. The configuration would be the same as any other coach on the train.

There's no guarantee that they put all of the St. Louis passengers in that one car (it depends on a lot of factors), but that car only runs between Chicago and St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back