Spend $5000 get 1000 TQP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you contacted AGR_Insider on FlyerTalk?
No. Do you think it will help?
it probably will be worth your time, he founded this forum, but had to leave when hired by AGR.
AGR insider didn't respond. I'll assume that is par from the course with AGR.
You've given him a day and a half of working time - have some patience, perhaps?
I've given Amtrak 20 days. I have given them all I need to.

With an attitude like that, I'm amazed that people aren't rushing to call you back.

It's going to be hilarious when they post on your next statement cycle because you messed up the math. Be sure and report back when that happens.

With an attitude like that, I'm amazed that people aren't rushing to call you back.

It's going to be hilarious when they post on your next statement cycle because you messed up the math. Be sure and report back when that happens.
I didn't mess up the math. Amtrak acknowledges I am supposed to get the points. They just don't know how to make it happen. I have been very polite and patient with them. I came on the board to vent. It really shouldn't take this long.
There is no need to be rude. I just feel Amtrak owes it to their customers to respond in a timely fashion regarding rewards issues. I have had AGR for well over a decade. I never had any problems before.

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't mess up the math. Amtrak acknowledges I am supposed to get the points. They just don't know how to make it happen. I have been very polite and patient with them. I came on the board to vent. It really shouldn't take this long.
There is no need to be rude. I just feel Amtrak owes it to their customers to respond in a timely fashion regarding rewards issues. I have had AGR for well over a decade. I never had any problems before.
I know you said you called BofA. Don't know how the system works but since the 1000 TQP bonus originates from the BofA credit card, I'm thinking Amtrak can do nothing but wait for the TQP to appear to them. Not surprised BofA doesn't know anything about this. Probably computer generated anyway!

Good luck.

I know you said you called BofA. Don't know how the system works but since the 1000 TQP bonus originates from the BofA credit card, I'm thinking Amtrak can do nothing but wait for the TQP to appear to them. Not surprised BofA doesn't know anything about this. Probably computer generated anyway!Good luck.
Thanks for the information. I will see what happens next statement. By then I will have hit it twice.

I checked the account and it looks like someone posted it as an "adjustment". I still haven't heard back from anyone at this point. I hope someone does call back and explain what happened. Hopefully they corrected the issue from happening in the future.

I checked the account and it looks like someone posted it as an "adjustment". I still haven't heard back from anyone at this point. I hope someone does call back and explain what happened. Hopefully they corrected the issue from happening in the future.
One thing I have learned about Amtrak and AGR is "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" :p

One thing I have learned about Amtrak and AGR is "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" :p
indeed

Back