Sorry For This Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim55

Service Attendant
I know I ve seen it answered here befor but I can't seem to find it. Does the $ paid for a sleeper count as "rail travel" and counts toward "select" and "select+" status? Thanks, Jim

I know I ve seen it answered here befor but I can't seem to find it. Does the $ paid for a sleeper count as "rail travel" and counts toward "select" and "select+" status? Thanks, Jim
Yes, it does. Both the rail fare and the accommodation charge for the room generate points at 2x per dollar and all those points count as "rail points" toward status.

Note that if two or more occupy a room, the room charge is only added to one ticket, and that person is the only one who get the room charge applied for points.

Yes, it does. Both the rail fare and the accommodation charge for the room generate points at 2x per dollar and all those points count as "rail points" toward status.

Note that if two or more occupy a room, the room charge is only added to one ticket, and that person is the only one who get the room charge applied for points.
If there are 2 in the room (example: you and your wife) and you want the extra rail points to count towards your select status, list you first on the reservation. The accommodation charge points are only applied to the 1st person listed on the res.

Thus, in this example Z (you) would get A points for the rail fare and B points for the room (at 2X) and Y (your wife) would get just A points for her rail fare (at 2X). If she were listed on the res first, Y would receive A points + B points (at 2X), while Z would receive only A points (at 2X).

Back