Snow Inside Coach!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You TV Directors and the rest of The Media just want to make Amtrak look bad and ... stop naming storms", said 90% of the members on this forum. :lol:
You seem a little obsessed with the pluses and minuses of naming winter storms. I bet there is a weather discussion site that has a lively topic about that. :p

This thread is further proof that some on here will defend Amtrak at all costs.

Snow in the vestibules is one thing. Snow coating several rows of seats is ridiculous.
Agreed!

Reno, I enjoyed your clip.

Thanks for posting it if for no other reason than a heads up for those of us who travel in nasty winter weather.

After this clip aired on our 6pm news, the anchors said on-air "That may of looked a little messy, but Amtrak is the best way to get around when the weather is bad! This is a rarity!" One of the things that used to frustrate me was when one of our writers used to spell Amtrak as AMTRACK!!

After this clip aired on our 6pm news, the anchors said on-air "That may of looked a little messy, but Amtrak is the best way to get around when the weather is bad! This is a rarity!" One of the things that used to frustrate me was when one of our writers used to spell Amtrak as AMTRACK!!
Misspelled words is no excuse to start naming Winter Storms.

Now, knock it off, you silly media.

:lol:

Misspelled words is no excuse to start naming Winter Storms.

Now, knock it off, you silly media.

:lol:
This is not the place to complain about winter storm names. Go find a weather forum for that.

You are not the boss of me. :lol: I think the video is funny. I think it was a good idea to broadcast it. Also ...

This is not the place to complain about winter storm names. Go find a weather forum for that.
See what you just did there? ^ You are responsible for keeping the Storm Names subject alive! Now, don't be so bossy! :lol:

I know that there have been instances of snow getting inside the vestibules on trains, but never this bad! We aired this clip during our 6pm news, (I am a Television Director), and this even shocked me! It was taken yesterday on one of the Northeast Regional trains around Baltimore.
Do you have a link to the broadcast?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Android Amtrak Forums mobile app

It was just a short :20 story, so we didnt put it on the website. Normally we only put story's on the website if they are longer than a minute.

I don't know about on the NEC, but the side doors on the Amfleets that find their way out west never work right. East coast Amtrak Mechanical simply doesn't maintain them properly, and they aren't interlocked to the locomotive, so there's nothing stopping trains from running with the doors open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back