Smoking On Board

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was that changed?

Most of the thread dates from 2012, dredged up to the surface by a guest poster who authored the longest run on sentence ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
When was that changed?

Most of the thread dates from 2012, dredged up to the surface by a guest poster who authored the longest run on sentence ever.
And used his full name as his guest name, which is awesome because he admitted to breaking the rules. I'd laugh if a conductor checked his ticket and his name had some kind of flag. ;)

I am duly chastened. I went to work intending to confirm the date, & was CAUGHT BY THE EVER-ALERT FORUM MEMBERS before I could report back. Fortunately for me, I'll probably be retired before anybody can get around to firing me!

I've been on planes during the smoking era. Usually the rear was designated for smokers, but it didn't really matter. At the end of the trip, our clothing smalled of smoke regardless of where we sat. It was a miserable experience.

Smokers do not realize how penetrating and lasting tobacco smoke is, since they live with it all the time.

Smokers do not realize how penetrating and lasting tobacco smoke is, since they live with it all the time.
My grandmother, who is a smoker, used to send my children gifts, before she switched to cash. Whenever we opened them they always just completely reeked of cigarette smoke. If it was clothing, washing it two or three times was required.

I personally have had just about all I can stand from the inconsiderate, rude and sometimes just plain Jerks who are smokers.

Most will stand right in the doorway and light up or remain standing in a narrow corridor where Everyone has to walk thru their smoke and think nothing of it.

There are sixteen NO SMOKING signs around the building on the platform here and yet I have to tell the smokers to move away every single train.

Even when they know where the designated smoking area is they will still light up while still in the non smoking area and will continue to smoke when walking back into the non smoking area.

I've told people to move more than 25 feet away from the building, as that is WA state law and some jackasses will actually attempt to pace off 25 feet and go no further.

I used to be sympathetic to smokers, mostly for the employees who smoke sake but not anymore. I'd ban it completely if I had the power.

I live in a non-smoking apartment building, yet thru the vents at 3 am the distinct odor of cigarette smoke enters my apartment. I can't - and never could - stand smoking. I too would ban it completely!

Smoking is one of the most selfish activities in the world. The people who partake in it reflect that.

To those who are different, no offense. It's a pity the rotten 99.8% ruin it for the good ones.

Smoking is one of the most selfish activities in the world. The people who partake in it reflect that.

To those who are different, no offense. It's a pity the rotten 99.8% ruin it for the good ones.
And it isn't just the smoke. Look at the ground around where smokers have been. So many are pigs! I imagine marijuana smokers will act the same, with their roaches.

I remember at the I-75 freeway exit north of Atlanta in Marietta. There was a long light at the end of the ramp and the curb was just piled high with cigarette butts. People would just empty their ash trays on the ground while waiting for the light. Almost every day, I'd see at least one person dumping their butts.

And it isn't just the smoke. Look at the ground around where smokers have been. So many are pigs! I imagine marijuana smokers will act the same, with their roaches.
Doubt it, since you can't smoke it in public.

Additionally, roaches aren't like cigarette filters. A roach is smoked down as far as possible, leaving just the slightest sliver of paper left, if that. Most people use a hemostatic clip or tweezers to hold it so they don't waste any.

Pot smoking, which I engaged in once in my life and did not enjoy (at all) is very different. The culture behind it is totally different. The kinds of people who do it are totally different.

Certainly a lot less sense of entitlement. A lot less damage to other people around you. Frankly less damage to yourself.

I've been on planes during the smoking era. Usually the rear was designated for smokers, but it didn't really matter. At the end of the trip, our clothing smalled of smoke regardless of where we sat. It was a miserable experience.

On my last flight on LOT Polish Airlines in 1987, the non-smoking section was left side of the aisle all the way from front to back. Smoking section -- right side of the aisle!

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Pot smoking, which I engaged in once in my life and did not enjoy (at all) is very different. The culture behind it is totally different. The kinds of people who do it are totally different.

Certainly a lot less sense of entitlement. A lot less damage to other people around you. Frankly less damage to yourself.
You sound like a politician discussing pot Lion! Remember Bill Clinton's " I tried it but I didn't inhale!" LOL

On my last flight on LOT Polish Airlines in 1987, the non-smoking section was left side of the aisle all the way from front to back. Smoking section -- right side of the aisle!

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
Bada Boom!,Badda Bing! But seriously folks... LOL

I tried it thoroughly. Guilty as charged. I didn't enjoy it. I think if should be legal. I think it being illegal while caffeine is fully legal for a two year old is ludicrous.

We gotta meet at Dodge City, Hudson. You done there insulted me. A politician? *draws*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back