Sites of interest to bus enthusiasts

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a sight of a site that might be of interest to bus enthusiasts: Architechturally stunning Chicago Megabus terminal, where excited passengers in formal attire appropriate to the lofty occasion revel in their unique surroundings as they eagerly await the unmatched travel splendor of a bus ride.

i-LLXwdQV-XL.jpg

Here's a sight of a site that might be of interest to bus enthusiasts: Architechturally stunning Chicago Megabus terminal, where excited passengers in formal attire appropriate to the lofty occasion revel in their unique surroundings as they eagerly await the unmatched travel splendor of a bus ride.

i-LLXwdQV-XL.jpg
:D

I kept thinking, "Can this topic sentence make sense"? The words, "bus" and "enthusiast" in the same sentence?

I guess it's weird to a lot, and I mean A LOT, of "regular" people that there even exists a group of people who LIKE pax trains, especially Amtrak trains. :giggle:

To each their own I guess. (And, I admit, I have a passing interest in virtually all modes transportation, just like pax rail the most...)

i-LLXwdQV-XL.jpg
No offense, but I hate those TD925 buses! They are no more comfortable than a New Flyer transit bus and they have too much glass!

I kept thinking, "Can this topic sentence make sense"? The words, "bus" and "enthusiast" in the same sentence?

I guess it's weird to a lot, and I mean A LOT, of "regular" people that there even exists a group of people who LIKE pax trains, especially Amtrak trains. :giggle:

To each their own I guess. (And, I admit, I have a passing interest in virtually all modes transportation, just like pax rail the most...)
I'm pretty sure that I'm a bus enthusiast, but that does not mean that I like all buses, of course.

The Onion offers a unique perspective...

ALBANY, NY—In one of the most merciful disasters in recent years,

a Greyhound bus traveling from Rochester to Albany skidded into

a ditch Tuesday, killing a dozen deadbeat fathers and penniless addicts,

and putting nearly 20 more hapless bastards out of their misery.

Read the entire article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Read the entire article.

Thanks! That's one of the funniest parody-style post I've read in a long, long, time.

"..............Dental records have helped identify only two-thirds of the casualties, as the remaining 10 passengers were discovered to have none of their original teeth left..................,"

Did that accident actually happen? I don't remember hearing about it and most us accidents have survivors. That 102DL3 looks like it didn't take much damage, just some dents here and there. What about the druver?

Did that accident actually happen? I don't remember hearing about it and most us accidents have survivors. That 102DL3 looks like it didn't take much damage, just some dents here and there. What about the druver?
This is pretty close to thinking the "mile high club" is an airline frequent flyer program.

Swadian Hardcore, on 01 November 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

To which PRR 60 said:

This is pretty close to thinking the "mile high club" is an airline frequent flyer program.

To which WhoozOn1st said:

"Bus enthusiast" intellect.

Obviously, I'm acting really dumb.
Don't worry, nobody thinks you're acting.
OOOHH Shots fired!!! Hahahahah

rrdude, I heard from a different source, I believe it was wikipedia, that THAT driver in particular was not trusted NY-DC, something because of tunnels. AFAIK he was on CHI-DEN, which at 1002 miles, is more than the 1000 that the large tank will allow. Knowing his reckless history, he probably doesn't stop to refill.

rrdude, I heard from a different source, I believe it was wikipedia, that THAT driver in particular was not trusted NY-DC, something because of tunnels. AFAIK he was on CHI-DEN, which at 1002 miles, is more than the 1000 that the large tank will allow. Knowing his reckless history, he probably doesn't stop to refill.
Throwing gasoline on the fire! :)

All refilling of GLI equipment is done at major city stops.

I have to admit, the Onion posting made me laugh. Im surprised they didnt go off of the few recent Megabus incidents. Id be more scared to ride Megabus at this point than the G-dog.

BTW Swadian, like your D4505 avatar.

Throwing gasoline on the fire! :)
Right, now I get it!

Read the entire article.

Thanks! That's one of the funniest parody-style post I've read in a long, long, time.
Only to be topped by this one-

Obama Replaces Costly High Speed Rail Plan with High Speed Bus Plan [Video]

I particularly liked the animations.

Back