Sightseeing / Breakfast?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakPDX

Train Attendant
I'm planning a trip for my wife and me this summer from PDX to DEN. We'll have a bedroom. We've done this once before using PDX-EMY then EMY-DEN. Those of you familiar with this scenario know that we 'duplicate' the stations of Davis and Martinez. We're looking at one of these two stations for a place to get off the SB CS, enjoy a breakfast or local attractions/walk then board the EB CZ for the rest of our trip. Does anyone know any good breakfast places near these two stations? Are the neighborhoods nice? Is this even a good idea?

TIA for your help!

Nice trip! Amtrak only guarantees the connection from the Starlight to the Zephyr in Sacramento, so you would have to purchase RT Coach tickets from SAC to DAV or MTZ/ Chances are you could stay in your room, but Breakfast on the CS wouldn't be included since it starts after leaving SAC if on time!

DAVIS is alot better place to do a short layover than SAC or MTZ. There is

a nice bakery/coffee shop right behind the pretty Amtrak Station (old SP) and plenty of stores and cafes close by. You can also leave your luggage with the friendly agent @ the Station, she didn't charge us the two times we did this.

There have been lots of AU threads discussing this very topic, you might want to Goggle them up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back