SFW Thruway bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t live in The City, but certainly enjoy visiting it a few times each season from my own home 25 miles distant. I especially enjoy viewing the summertime tourists who are wearing shorts and freezing their butts off.

As Mark Twain is purported to have once said: “Coldest winter I ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco.”

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont live in The City, but certainly enjoy visiting it a few times each season from my own home 25 miles distant. I especially enjoy viewing the summertime tourists who are wearing shorts and freezing their butts off.

As Mark Twain is purported to have once said: Coldest winter I ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco.
Of course he never actually said or wrote it. But it sounds like something he might have said. Thats about as legendary as Kurt Vonnegut Jrs alleged wear sunscreen college commencement speech.

Im in a San Francisco today with my kid, and its quite chilly. And Ive seen tank tops, short sleeves, and shorts. Still not quite like the time I was at Haleakala on Maui. It was cold at altitude, but tour buses were letting off people who were dressed like they were going to the beach.

The title of the post was "SFW Thuway bus", did KmH get an answer desired?
I think so. The OP seemed to be concerned that the listing of "Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39" might mean that the bus is stopping in two places. But for any modern definition of "Fisherman's Wharf" Pier 39 is in it, and the bus obviously only stops once in the area.

Back