Service Disruption for the Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like they never left the station. Something more to it than the high speed rail work?

Amtrak's reporting a Service Disruption for Texas Eagle Trains 21 and 22 of 17 September 2013. Anybody know what's going on?
The Eagles are on the usual Re-Route through Amish Country between CHI and STL while the Lincoln Service Trains are being Bustittuted! It will happen again in October, Ive already received an e-mail Advisory from Amtrak that my Homeward Bound Train #21 on 10/20 will be taking the Corn Fields Reroute between CHI and STL! This will be my Fourth Time on the Re-Route, I enjoy seeing the Amish Folks in their Buggies, the Huge Farms and the Kids that Wave @ the Train as it Chugs by! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the explaination. I still don't know why the whole train is showing Service Disruption. Thinking that the Amtrak computers are too dumb to track any status of a disrupted train.

Amtrak's reporting a Service Disruption for Texas Eagle Trains 21 and 22 of 17 September 2013. Anybody know what's going on?
The Eagles are on the usual Re-Route through Amish Country between CHI and STL while the Lincoln Service Trains are being Bustittuted! It will happen again in October, Ive already received an e-mail Advisory from Amtrak that my Homeward Bound Train #21 on 10/20 will be taking the Corn Fields Reroute between CHI and STL! This will be my Fourth Time on the Re-Route, I enjoy seeing the Amish Folks in their Buggies, the Huge Farms and the Kids that Wave @ the Train as it Chugs by! :)
I have a Lincoln Service trip scheduled on 10/20 and have received no such message. :eek:

The Eagles are on the usual Re-Route through Amish Country between CHI and STL while the Lincoln Service Trains are being Bustittuted! It will happen again in October, Ive already received an e-mail Advisory from Amtrak that my Homeward Bound Train #21 on 10/20 will be taking the Corn Fields Re-Route between CHI and STL! This will be my Fourth Time on the Re-Route, I enjoy seeing the Amish Folks in their Buggies, the Huge Farms and the Kids that Wave @ the Train as it Chugs by! :)
I have a Lincoln Service trip scheduled on 10/20 and have received no such message. :eek:
You will, Amtrak has an Automated System that sends out e-mails when stuff like this happens! I might have gotten mine earlier since Im on a LD Train and you're Train is a State Train?? If you read the Notice in Post #2 of this Thread about Track Work on the CHI-STL Route you will see that it will occur again in October and that Notices will be Posted @ the Appropriate Time!

Aha! I read that the service disruption is only between STL and Springfield. Since I am boarding in Springfield I will have a normal trip. :)

Aha! I read that the service disruption is only between STL and Springfield. Since I am boarding in Springfield I will have a normal trip. :)
What route is it taking now? The only possible route I could find was on the NS to Litchfield and the BNSF to Girard. Cannot confirm if there are connections between the tracks at those places.

I believe the "service disruption" is that Lincoln Service trains between STL and Springfield are replaced by buses, with trains running normally between Springfield and CHI.

What about the TE? So it still goes on the ex-C&EI? Why dosen't it take the route through Litchfield? That way it would keep more stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back