Security Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a little silly asking this question but here goes anyway. I usually carry a pocket knife (small Swiss Army knife) with me. Does anyone see any problem with this?

Thanks

I carry two with me all the time. A small key-chain one on my keychain (where else?) and a swisscard in my wallet. Very dangerous weapons. You can kill someone with them. They'd laugh to death when you start brandishing your 1.25 inch tool of death at them.

Last spring we were at the Post Office Museum in Washington D C . Right next to WUS. Had a couple of hours to kill. When we entered I set off the alarm. I put everything in the tray. Was given everything back , keys ect. However they wanted my small pocket knife. I said I would let them hold it while we were inside. If they would give it back. Otherwise no way do they get it. The knife has been passed down to me from my dad. No problem they said and gave me a check for it. I also keep a Leatherman tool in my carry on , on every trip.

I carry a lockblade knife all the time that is visible. I've never had even a second glance from anyone on Amtrak. That's one of the great things about training is that at least for now, we don't have the ludicrous security theater that airports do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back