Schumer Proposes 'No-Ride List' for Amtrak Trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty positive that they both have better, more productive things to do during the workday than read an internet forum...
The people who run a program, who are (supposedly) committed to improving the program, are ignoring a strong bastion of said program's constituency? Say it ain't so!

I really don't think that the implementation of a "no-ride" list would be all that bad, as it would likely be not very invasive to the passengers. Amtrak supports countermeasures that protect the rail system, and it has said that the creation of a no-ride list is no exception, given that it is implemented in a way that protects civil rights and still allows for the rapid flow of trains and their passengers.

I really don't think that the implementation of a "no-ride" list would be all that bad, as it would likely be not very invasive to the passengers. Amtrak supports countermeasures that protect the rail system, and it has said that the creation of a no-ride list is no exception, given that it is implemented in a way that protects civil rights and still allows for the rapid flow of trains and their passengers.

Except that if it's anything like the "no-fly" list, you can be put on it inadvertently for having a name that is similar to a known terrorist and then never be able to confirm that you are on it or get yourself removed from it.

Except that if it's anything like the "no-fly" list, you can be put on it inadvertently for having a name that is similar to a known terrorist and then never be able to confirm that you are on it or get yourself removed from it.
Yes. A friend of mine, her son has (apparently) the same name as either a terrorist/wanted man (We assume he must be IRA, as Irish is the closest nationality you can get from the kid's name). For a while it was a big hassle for her, even when she'd bring her (small for his age, very polite) six or seven year old son to the airport and try to explain.

OTOH, I wonder if Amtrak doesn't have its own no-ride list? I've heard of passengers being put off for being drunk and disorderly, or otherwise being majorly disruptive. I could see Amtrak deciding to deny them service in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back