SCA on EB SWC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbytony

Train Attendant
Was wondering if any of you have had experiences (good or bad) with the SCA or other crew members on East Bound SWC trains. Am leaving from Los Angeles and going to Chicago.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ridden the Southwest Chief a number of times between Los Angeles, Arizona, and Chicago and have had SCAs ranging from good to outstanding. Some others have different opinions, but I have always had pleasant service on this train.

I've never been in a sleeper, but in my past two trips on the SWC, I found that the cafe car attendant and the coach attendants on the westbound seemed more friendly...however this could also be because both times I jumped on in Flagstaff going east, #4 was a half-hour to an hour late and it just kept piling on. Luckily we got to Chicago on time though.

The worse I had on the SWC was Pinkey. She was very rude. By far the worst SCA I've ever had. She never put our beds down or up. Never asked if we needed anything. Didn't greet us at the door at CHI. Almost made us miss our stop at WMJ. Made us move from our roomette to the Handicap room at Flagstaff because someone was taking our room at WMJ. It was that or Amtrak double booked our room at Flagstaff. One of the two. But we refused to move for a while until she got the conductor involved who was super polite about it. By now I think shes gone by now because she was so rude to Dad and Myself.

I believe you will find the same crews on the EB & WB Southwest Chief. My understanding is that they the crew is based out of LA and they ride eastbound, then rest for the night, turn around and ride westbound, then have a few days off. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I had a disappearing LSA on the SWC this past March - he never came by to introduce himself so I never even got his name. I had to put my own bed down both nights. I tried to find him the first night but couldn't. Also I am pretty positive he slept in the bedroom next to mine instead of his assigned room.

I believe you will find the same crews on the EB & WB Southwest Chief. My understanding is that they the crew is based out of LA and they ride eastbound, then rest for the night, turn around and ride westbound, then have a few days off. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Your understanding is correct! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back