Route Maps

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
I have seen route maps at the Amtrak site and I do know what cities trains pass through but I wondered if there are detailed maps showing railroad lines on actual road maps. I just thought it would be interesting to follow the map while riding a train.

After reviewing the UPRR site I see that the maps are still not detailed enough. There is a secure "customer map" section. Maybe someone knows what's there.

Sometimes you can get very good maps that show the available rail lines as well as the region's roads from the host railroad or from the state.

I would check with the individual railroads in the area you want to examine.

Aloha

I have Deloreme Street Atlas with GPS and have followed routes, sometimes the maps show the tracks and sidings, sometime's not.

It seems that the best solution without spending money on unseen maps is to just mark the stations along the route on an auto club map. That will probably be close enough.

Do you have a laptop? If so, Microsoft Streets & Trips has railroads on it, and it's mostly accurate.

I find S&T with a GPS hooked up is a great way to track my trip.

Back