Route & AGR suggestions - 2 trips in planning

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazy Z

Service Attendant
Hello!

I am trying to work out best use of my points, my new BofA card and time!

Currently we have:

44,000 points on our account

50,000 points used for a trip - but thinking about using new cc to pay

20,000 points coming when I use my new CC

We have a trip planned for April 2015. LAX to PDX/SEA and back. This cost us 50,000 points, but would cost about $1,450.

We are also trying to plan a trip from Los Angeles to the New York area and back. Open to staying in Washington, DC, Philly, etc and coming home through San Francisco or Sacramento. Have a few weeks. Bedroom only :)

I am thinking about refunding my points from the April trip (and paying with y new BOA CC, getting 3x points) and using points to get around next summer on the longer trip. I am really confused how to break up the long trip with points, money and staying in a few different places.

Any thoughts? I was thinking LAX - NYP right off the bat. Then maybe WAS to OKJ. Then a few days in San Francisco, then back to LAX. Or LAX - WAS for a few nights, then WAS - NYP and then the long haul NYP - OKJ. But I know that all of you have much ore experience and could possibly help make it a better trip. Also, open to going home through PDX to experience a different route.

Thanks for any help!

Back