Round trip, cross country trip planning. Advice needed.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trip up the Columbia River, the tracks are literally in the river at some points, is awsome. My favorite segment of any I've been on.

I just did the CS then the EB this past June. We stayed in Seattle at a Hilton Garden Inn since I had a special voucher. The Uber cab ride was less than $7.00. The ride along the sound was so close to the water our picture looked like we were on a boat. Also, we loved walking around Seattle. In Chicago, we love the Palmer House, though it changed under new ownership, we used to sit in the lobby imagining how it was back in the days of the big hotels with no TV, etc. Though we have walked, we have also used taxi, now Uber, if it is raining or we just want to get to the hotel quicker. The Art Institute is wonderful, been there three times and still haven't seen everything. Walk over to see the "Bean" in the park or the Fountain, or a little further the Lake.

The CS trip is exceptional along the Pacific and the next morning from the CA/OR Stateline around Mt. Shasta. Loved the PCC, we spent a lot of time there since there seemed to be free seats most of the time (I never want to hog a seat, believe in sharing the experience)

Have a wonderful trip.

Oh, and by the way, what a great trip you're planning. I've done it a few times, cross-country trips are wonderful.
Thanks so much. My son and I are very excited about it.

The trip up the Columbia River, the tracks are literally in the river at some points, is awsome. My favorite segment of any I've been on.
This is along the Portland -Spokane section, right? I hope so because I really want to see that part of it :)

I just did the CS then the EB this past June. We stayed in Seattle at a Hilton Garden Inn since I had a special voucher. The Uber cab ride was less than $7.00. The ride along the sound was so close to the water our picture looked like we were on a boat. Also, we loved walking around Seattle. In Chicago, we love the Palmer House, though it changed under new ownership, we used to sit in the lobby imagining how it was back in the days of the big hotels with no TV, etc. Though we have walked, we have also used taxi, now Uber, if it is raining or we just want to get to the hotel quicker. The Art Institute is wonderful, been there three times and still haven't seen everything. Walk over to see the "Bean" in the park or the Fountain, or a little further the Lake.

The CS trip is exceptional along the Pacific and the next morning from the CA/OR Stateline around Mt. Shasta. Loved the PCC, we spent a lot of time there since there seemed to be free seats most of the time (I never want to hog a seat, believe in sharing the experience)

Have a wonderful trip.

We did Seattle to LAX on in August 2014 on the CS and really loved the trip. We can't wait to be back on the CS again (even though we were just on it from LAX to SJC a couple of weeks ago, LOL). I am looking forward to seeing Portland and Chicago this time. I didn't realize we would be so close to the bean (my son has seen it on TV so he will love to walk over and see it in person) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back