Roomette Number

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chezndave

Train Attendant
Hi All,

We have changed our plans and have decided to go all the way to San Fran on the CZ and have booked a roomette.

From our e-ticket our car is 0540 - room 020.

I have had a look and can not find any info that refers to these rooms, only found them going upto 10 in a layout I found. Is this a good car to be in and is it a good side of the tran for views.

Thank you in advnce

Cheryl :) (only 4 weeks to wait, the excitment builds)

Hi All,

We have changed our plans and have decided to go all the way to San Fran on the CZ and have booked a roomette.

From our e-ticket our car is 0540 - room 020.

I have had a look and can not find any info that refers to these rooms, only found them going upto 10 in a layout I found. Is this a good car to be in and is it a good side of the tran for views.

Thank you in advnce

Cheryl :) (only 4 weeks to wait, the excitment builds)
Sounds like you're in the transdorm (staff dorm that is sometimes used for revenue passengers). There are threads on the forum that discuss the pros & cons of being in the transdorm.

Here's a diagram of the transdorm.

http://www.craigmashburn.com/images/transdorm-upper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Room 20 in car 0540 is upstairs. The car is the first passenger carrying car of the train, directly behind the baggage car, so you will hear the horn more than other sleepers. My last trip was in the last car on the wb CZ and I only heard the horn on certain right-hand curves.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Rooms 0-9 are on ground floor. Rooms 11-19 on the second floor (upstairs). Room 20 is on the roof (penthouse rooms). Great view but don't accidentally stand up at night especially if there are tunnels. :giggle: :giggle:

Room 20 is on the roof (penthouse rooms). Great view
Hey don't give out The Penthouse Suite! :angry: TPS is all mine! :D
Seriously, rooms 16-20 are in the transition-dorm. All the roomettes are on the upper level, and the other half of the car is the crew's quarters! Thus you usually will not have much passing traffic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back