Roomette 007 - Coast Starlight View

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the diagram, 7 is on the opposite side of the car as the bedrooms. If, as with my observations from previous trips, I am in Bedroom E on the west side of the train, 7 is on the east. On the return trip, the bedrooms have been on east side of the train so 7 will be on the west.
This is based on my experience riding the CS a few times and yes, I am fully aware the cars may be oriented either way.
I get that 7 is on the opposite side of the car, but, and not to get caught up on this, the car shouldn’t be pointing one way or another. So yes, if the Bedrooms are on the west side of the train, roomette 7 is east, but that’s irrelevant since it shouldn’t be pointed in that direction necessarily.

Look at the diagram, 7 is on the opposite side of the car as the bedrooms. If, as with my observations from previous trips, I am in Bedroom E on the west side of the train, 7 is on the east. On the return trip, the bedrooms have been on east side of the train so 7 will be on the west.

This is based on my experience riding the CS a few times and yes, I am fully aware the cars may be oriented either way.
I get that 7 is on the opposite side of the car, but, and not to get caught up on this, the car shouldn’t be pointing one way or another. So yes, if the Bedrooms are on the west side of the train, roomette 7 is east, but that’s irrelevant since it shouldn’t be pointed in that direction necessarily.
They don't take the train sets apart at each endpoint and randomly put them back together again, so there's more consistency as to which side #7 will be on then there is inconsistency. Then only time it may be reversed is if a car is bad ordered and a repacement car is added to the train set in reverse of what it's replacing.

Here is a picture from one of my Starlight trips. 1 sleeper is facing 1 way, the other 2 are the other way.

DSC_0945e.jpg

Responding to a previous poster, no question that Bedroom A is a bit more "tight" than the others. But, it is still comfortable with 2 persons occupying the accommodation.

As to the lower level Superliner Roomettes, the accessibility and number of restrooms as well as the shower are more important to me than having to climb up/down the narrow stairs to the upper level for the use of those amenities. In scenic locations, an upper level Roomette might be better. But, for views from both sides of the train--which I think is better than just from the side of my Roomette--you will find me in the SSL.

Responding to a previous poster, no question that Bedroom A is a bit more "tight" than the others. But, it is still comfortable with 2 persons occupying the accommodation.
As to the lower level Superliner Roomettes, the accessibility and number of restrooms as well as the shower are more important to me than having to climb up/down the narrow stairs to the upper level for the use of those amenities. In scenic locations, an upper level Roomette might be better. But, for views from both sides of the train--which I think is better than just from the side of my Roomette--you will find me in the SSL.
I'm taking a trip next summer!!

As has been mentioned, not quite:

amtrak-diagram-superliner-sleeper.jpg

Only part of the year. That reverses when the consist is flipped.

Almost wish this picture of how the sleepers on Superliner cars were like, was stickied on one of the boards here! I am not sure how one would find this info on the Amtrak website, and sadly to say it sometimes can be a little confusing to find useful info(i.e. normal times when dining car meals are served, etc) in regards to train travel, on their website. BTW I soon will be riding in a sleeper for my first time ever(just going back from Glacier National Park on EB, ugh going out west sleepers were too exepensive....), so am very excited I'll get to experience a sleeper at least one way! If sleepers weren't so danged expensive, I'd consider upgrading to one more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back