Revamped Parlour Car on the Starlight

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, the largest "free" checked baggage on Amtrak is like 36"x36"x36". Try checking in something that large with an airline, and see what fees you get charged. You might want to simply buy it a 1st class seat. :D
I have to wonder what fraction of Amtrak trips actually booked that are longer than, say, 200-300 miles are actually in places where checked baggage service is available at all (that is, baggage service at both the originating and destination station, and optionally also baggage car on the particular train the traveler is riding). I bet an awful lot of Amtrak passengers are technically not allowed to bring a 10 pound 15" x 15" x 15" cube.

My last NEC trip was to Williamsburg, which I believe has no checked baggage service, even though on the southbound part of the trip, I was on the one NEC train (#67) that does have a baggage car.

The Lake Shore Limited does have checked baggage, but I'm not sure how that would have worked on the bustituted ALB->BOS leg on the way home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the car for almost 3 years now. And by the way, I service and repair it at the dealer. I'd imagine that if I didn't the prices would be quite a bit lower. But I happen to trust and have a good relationship with my service advisor so I stick to them, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back