Remember when people has class LOL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
two weeks ago took NEC regional from NYP to PVD.. this young (college age) blond woman (use the term loosely) gets on board.. asks me if the seat next to me was open, i say yes and she sits down.. "problem" she was dressed in daisy duke denim cut offs.. just as if she came from behind the barn on the farm if U get my drift. gone are the days i guess of when people dressed up to travel.. oh did i mention she put her feet up on the seat back in front of her as if she were getting ready to give birth LOL..

What is a "daisy duke denim cut off"?

In your words, I would still "have class" when travelling! :)

Swadians are never inappropriate!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! You need to put down the game controller, and hit the real world a bit if you don't know what Daisy Duke's are! One of the finest contributions the South ever contributed to the Union!
Put down the game controller?! I don't have a game controller!

I remember when people had class! Science class, English class, Art class, Math class, Shop class - oh you're not talking about skool classes!
laugh.gif
Never mind!

Wow! You need to put down the game controller, and hit the real world a bit if you don't know what Daisy Duke's are! One of the finest contributions the South ever contributed to the Union!
Mouse and keyboard then. Same premise, controller for a game, right! :rolleyes:

Aloha

I have seen women in "daisy duke" that shouldn't be caught dead in them! Then there women that are CLASS no matter what they wear. Thank God for these "Women"

Mouse and keyboard then. Same premise, controller for a game, right! :rolleyes:
:help: :p

That's the thing about culture. It evolves. In some ways for the better, in other ways, not so much.

I agree that class has nothing to do with what someone is wearing.

Interesting to note the comparison of "Swadians"..( which we were told to look up) which I did, and learned it was a fantasy game or culture of some kind, and "Daisy Duke"... (which we are now told to look up) and I didn't (I think it relates to some girl on some TV show I never saw.)

For some crazy reason this all makes me think of a film review which characterized the move as "Beverly Hillbillies on bad acid"...

Oh, never mind.........

That's the thing about culture. It evolves. In some ways for the better, in other ways, not so much.

I agree that class has nothing to do with what someone is wearing.

Interesting to note the comparison of "Swadians"..( which we were told to look up) which I did, and learned it was a fantasy game or culture of some kind, and "Daisy Duke"... (which we are now told to look up) and I didn't (I think it relates to some girl on some TV show I never saw.)

For some crazy reason this all makes me think of a film review which characterized the move as "Beverly Hillbillies on bad acid"...

Oh, never mind.........
Yup -- culture evolves --

BUT

The last 50 years -- the people I've met on trains -- some of them obvious nutcases - some only a bit psychotic -- not jut AMTK -- Deutsce Bahn und --

Any how -- cool with fellow passengers - cool with price --

Would not have missed my train journes ever.

Google "daisy duke"
Maybe not when you're at work through - I'd be willing to bet that some of the results would be less than appropriate (depending on your workplace). :D

One of the finest contributions the South ever contributed to the Union!
To be fair, that's a pretty short list. :p

Some people have all the luck! ;-)
Haha, that's exactly what I thought.
I'll third this motion!
FOURTH!!!

Y'all are forgetin' somethin'.... What if the OP is a "straight female?" :eek: :blush: :unsure: :blink: :ph34r: :wacko:
I'm nearly positive that BLONDE has mentioned that he's a dude at some point.

Google "daisy duke"
Maybe not when you're at work through - I'd be willing to bet that some of the results would be less than appropriate (depending on your workplace). :D

One of the finest contributions the South ever contributed to the Union!
To be fair, that's a pretty short list. :p

Some people have all the luck! ;-)
Haha, that's exactly what I thought.
I'll third this motion!
FOURTH!!!

Y'all are forgetin' somethin'.... What if the OP is a "straight female?" :eek: :blush: :unsure: :blink: :ph34r: :wacko:
Yes.. Ted LeBlond (canadian ancestry) but gay

BLOND37 said:
Yes.. Ted LeBlond (canadian ancestry) but gay
Fair enough... I simply did not want to jump to any conclusions...

And, FTR, she (Ms. Duke :) ) would be more than welcome to any open seat next to me....

Google "daisy duke"
We have another name for that type of shorts in the Sooner Nation and I best not repeat it on here :lol:
Hmmm. I've been an Oklahoman for a dozen years and I've only ever heard "Daisy Dukes." (But don't enlighten me....)

I would be less concerned about a woman in short-shorts than I would about the guy who carries on a booming cell-phone convo using expletives sitting three seats back. I know the conductors CAN do something about that but they don't always. Or the group engaged in a political 'discussion' bordering on fight in the diner car....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back