quite a consist going through roseville yard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yarrow

Engineer
far ne washington state, 1/2 mile from canada
just went through roseville yard coming into sac. moving east on the far side i saw(unfortunately didn't see the power) a consist along the lines of 2(american pullman?,iowa pacific?)great domes, 3 or 4 amtrak single level coaches, an amtrak great dome, a couple more american pullman or iowa pacific great domes, another couple amtrak coaches and then the view was blocked. who knows what this is? thanks

Here's a photo of a Reno Fun Train:

Reno-Fun-Train.jpg

I was originally thinking maybe a bunch of cars on the way to the Oakland maintenance yard. Maybe some private cars waiting there before being pulled on a regular route. I remember once on the CS at OAJ, we were waiting about 10 minutes for a private car to be hooked up going south. I think it was probably there to LA Union Station since there are few stations that actually handle private cars.

I've seen quite a few private cars just waiting at the Oakland yard, as well as equipment that's not typically in service on the West Coast.

BCL, Great photo. That conset should run all over the county like the OM mobile

Not sure why the train is going westbound on a Friday. Reno Fun Train travels east on Fridays, west on Sundays. Reno Snow Train travels east on Tuesdays, west on Thursdays.

It's a special Amtrak charter party train that runs every year for mid-winter getaways from the Bay Area to Reno. It even has a cigar car at the back that allows smoking, and all riders have to be 21+. I haven't taken it (I might have a couple years ago when I snapped these picks of it back in 2012 if it offered one-way fares):

emeryville30.jpg

This is the last car of the train, that is the cigar car, hence the fans.

emeryville46.jpg

Nice video and consist! Thanks for posting, looks like fun for certain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back