quick Quik-trak question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruck

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
So I've been looking to reserve tickets for my nephew and I to take the train to Chi. for National Train Day. On the online reservation form I'm not seeing a Quik-Trak option. Only Mail and Express Delivery, the option to cancel is kind of important, so I'd rather reserve and then print the tickets when things firm up, is there something different I need to do for the Quik-Trak option?

I know I could call, but that last time I called for an unrelated question the operator was wrong while you all were right :D

Does the station you are departing from have a quicktrak machine? That may be why. For example, on my upcoming trip, I am leaving from an unstaffed station with no quik trak so mail was the only option for delivery. However, I didn't want to have printed tickets in hand that far out so I called to make the reservation, instead of online, and told them that I would travel to another station that has a quiktrak machine to print closer to the time of travel and they were able to over-ride the delivery option.

There is no direct "QT" option provided! The option is "Pick up at station" instead!
rolleyes.gif
And if that station has a QT, you can use it, instead of going to the agent!

JB64 that was the culprit, the station we'll be departing from doesn't have the Quik-Trak Kiosk, looks like I'll be calling to reserve as my local station does and I can just print them out when it gets close.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back