question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a cross country trip in Januray and had a great time. I just found out about miletrak and now entering the information in. I took the Cardinal from NYC to chicago. I got an error message entering NYC/Chicago so i had to enter NYC/washington (regional), and washington/Chicago(Cardinal).

Is this the only way to enter this information in?

Thank You for your help

Sean

seandeva said:
I did a cross country trip in Januray and had a great time. I just found out about miletrak and now entering the information in. I took the Cardinal from NYC to chicago. I got an error message entering NYC/Chicago so i had to enter NYC/washington (regional), and washington/Chicago(Cardinal).
Is this the only way to enter this information in?

Thank You for your help

Sean
Yes - I looked into this during that timetable cycle and found that the Cardinal was really adhering to the same schedule as Regional 155 (I think), and figured that the NY - Washington portion is really a Regional. If I added the Cardinal as coming from NY, it would create yet another train in the NEC to mix and match with when it's really not.

The database structure behind MileTrak will be made over sometime in the foreseeable future and I'll probably fix that problem, but until then the easiest way to do this is like you said, Regional to WAS and then the Cardinal to CHI. It's the same mileage anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back