Promotion Early Results

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to Washington in late April and plan to book while the rate is in the pre-14-day period, so the rates should be $33 each way. In order to get 200 (100 x 2) for each way (down on Sat, back on Sun), I should book each one separately?
No, a round-trip ticket should get you the same number of points. The big issue here is multiple train trips in the same day. (Living in Minnesota, I think, "If only...")

My ponts posted for a points run and I did get double points for tickets under $35.00 but it seems, as of now, that it is limited to 2 segments only. I did two round trips and they posted 1 from the 1st trip out and 1 from the 2nd trip back. Dispite what I was told By AGR.

The other two legs may still be in the system. Any one have have different results? Jim
Update: Today another ticket of my 2 roundtrip day posted and I got both tier and bonus points for that leg. One more ticket to go. Jim
So we have real-world confirmation that 3 segments traveled in one day will all earn a double points bonus? If so, this is a HUGE clarification.

My ponts posted for a points run and I did get double points for tickets under $35.00 but it seems, as of now, that it is limited to 2 segments only. I did two round trips and they posted 1 from the 1st trip out and 1 from the 2nd trip back. Dispite what I was told By AGR.

The other two legs may still be in the system. Any one have have different results? Jim
Update: Today another ticket of my 2 roundtrip day posted and I got both tier and bonus points for that leg. One more ticket to go. Jim
So we have real-world confirmation that 3 segments traveled in one day will all earn a double points bonus? If so, this is a HUGE clarification.

I did a 3 segment run on Saturday (it was supposed to be 4 but the Wolverine was running an hour and a half late and we missed a connection :angry2: ) and I have double points for 2 segments but nothing for the third yet.

I did a 3 segment run on Saturday (it was supposed to be 4 but the Wolverine was running an hour and a half late and we missed a connection :angry2: ) and I have double points for 2 segments but nothing for the third yet.
Hang in there. I'm assuming you mean that 2 segments have posted (with bonus) but the third hasn't posted at all. Once it posts, I suspect it'll get double points as well. Let us know when it posts!

Last week I made this points run:

371 GRR > CHI $27.00

335 CHI > GLN $8.10

336 GLN > CHI $8.10

370 CHI > GRR $27.00

I received 100 spring bonus points for each segment.

Final Update: My last ticket of two round trips posted and all had tier and bonus points. Jim

For what it's worth, the latest online and print literature very clearly state that the double points apply to all travel, and the "qualifying" travel with $35 min spend and 2-per-day limit only apply to the Take-5.

The initial T&Cs didn't reflect this. They are much, much clearer now. Looks like someone at AGR is paying attention to the various forums that discuss them.

Hang in there. I'm assuming you mean that 2 segments have posted (with bonus) but the third hasn't posted at all. Once it posts, I suspect it'll get double points as well. Let us know when it posts!

Paydirt!!! The third segment finally posted with bonus points!!

For what it's worth, the latest online and print literature very clearly state that the double points apply to all travel, and the "qualifying" travel with $35 min spend and 2-per-day limit only apply to the Take-5.

The initial T&Cs didn't reflect this. They are much, much clearer now. Looks like someone at AGR is paying attention to the various forums that discuss them.
:( . Guess I won't go for the 5 trip bonus then. My tickets for DC will only be $33 as we're booking our trip 14+ days out. And I can't afford to make $35+ point runs.

Back