Problem With Michigan Services

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Anthony,

I've found a bug for you. Neither the Wolverine nor the Twilight Limited recognize Pontiac Michagan as a valid destination. However I can assure you that Pontiac is indeed a valid destination, as I rode out yesterday on the Wolverine and returned on the Twlight.

I did not check intermediary stations on those routes to see if they worked or not.

Hey Alan,

When you crossed the CSX diamond in Wayne, Mi (between Dearborn and Ann Arbor) you were about 8 miles from my house.

Pontiac, Mi was an added stop to Michigan service a few years ago. Up until then Detroit or Toledo was the end of the line. Toledo was served by "The Lake Cities" for connection to the Lake Shore Limited. This service ended around 1997 or so. So maybe somebody was going off old timetables when they made the miletrak.

amtrakmichigan said:
When you crossed the CSX diamond in Wayne, Mi (between Dearborn and Ann Arbor) you were about 8 miles from my house.
I was waving madly, both times. Didn't you see me? :( :lol:

Just kidding of course, as I had no idea that I was that close. :D I will however wave again on Monday, even though I'll be a bit further away on the International. :)

amtrakmichigan said:
Pontiac, Mi was an added stop to Michigan service a few years ago. Up until then Detroit or Toledo was the end of the line. Toledo was served by "The Lake Cities" for connection to the Lake Shore Limited. This service ended around 1997 or so. So maybe somebody was going off old timetables when they made the miletrak.
It's too bad that the Lake Cities still doesn't turn south and service Toledo. It would be a heck of a lot nicer than the bus. :blink: They could have just added another new train to service Pontiac.

Too late. I'm not going to report my mileage now. :lol: :D

Just kidding of course, I'll try later. Thanks. :)

Was it just Pontiac that was missing? Or were you missing the other cities north of Detriot?

AlanB said:
Too late. I'm not going to report my mileage now. :lol: :D
Just kidding of course, I'll try later. Thanks. :)

Was it just Pontiac that was missing? Or were you missing the other cities north of Detriot?
It was not in fact missing - the wrong Pontiac was listed. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back