Private car rules for Amtrak?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know they won’t let you ride in the fancy car, right?
It's worth a try.

It's worth a try? Great Caesar's ghost!!! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!! This ought to be good so I'll make sure I have my alerts on.

oG6mD.gif

Can you repeat train 173? Why do you need police assistance at RTE 128?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's so special about a PV on the back of a Regional?
It wasn't allowed till just recently. Previously the only trains that could haul a PV on the NEC were the long distance trains New York-Washington. If you wanted to go to Boston you had a choice of 65/66/67 and 448/449.

Now we have two daylight trains were allowed to use. Still no New York to Boston PVs though. Must be cut in at DC because they won't do switching in New York.

They were selling tickets for that trip actually. I can send you the owner contact info if you want to see if they are still available.
Not interested in a PV trip right now. Not even close to in my budget. I’m here on personal manners.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
If you ever want one that car is generally offering a lot of cheaper PV trips. I think to Washington from Boston is maybe the price of an Acela ticket.

They were selling tickets for that trip actually. I can send you the owner contact info if you want to see if they are still available.
Not interested in a PV trip right now. Not even close to in my budget. I’m here on personal manners.

If you ever want one that car is generally offering a lot of cheaper PV trips. I think to Washington from Boston is maybe the price of an Acela ticket.
Acela First or 'Business'?

Acela First if I remember the buckets correct.

Acela First if I remember the buckets correct.
Could you post the link to that PV? Just wondering about it.

Interesting.

That's about $2,600 a head. And you're spending 5 nights in the cars (two en route plus 3)?

A good room in NOLA will cost about $150 a head (double occupancy) per night. Figure another $75 a head for meals per day (at least). Coach travel would be about $50 a head each way, so $100 for the trip. That adds up to $1200 or so, per head.
Yeah, for all that is included, that is not so crazy, especially with all the service provided.

If you ever need advice or assistance with PV travel feel free to reach out to me. I'm experienced in negotiations, have a rough spreadsheet database of all of the charges you'll encounter. And I'm happy to help.

Admins this is not an advertisement of service. This is me just offering to help give advise.

Back