PR firm hired to announce Gunns Firing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Amtrak Flyer

I saw the memo Laney wrote it wasnt anything special. What did this PR firm do? How many thousands of dollars did this cost? They talk about cutting costs and this is how they start? Apparently some in congress caught on to this too. I hope Gunn comes back. Keep the letters coming, dont let congress put Amtraks oversight on the back burner!

I don't think anyone expects David Gunn to return, however it would be a great idea of they appointed him as a member of the Board to present a differing opinion on several of the issues.

Nothing better than a balanced Board, however that may be asking too much.

Additionally, it is ironic that one of the major criticisms in the GAO report is the lack of a firm and strong procurement policy at Amtrak - specifically with regards to the selection and awarding of contracts for services - such as a Public Relations firm.

haolerider said:
Additionally, it is ironic that one of the major criticisms in the GAO report is the lack of a firm and strong procurement policy at Amtrak - specifically with regards to the selection and awarding of contracts for services - such as a Public Relations firm.
Haolerider,

This sort of thing is heard of in the PR biz, particularly when senior management suspects the normal types will leak the information beforehand. Types like Cliff Black or Marc Magliari at Amtrak do not have the authority to make that sort of call.

Even so, it shows what the board thinks of Amtrak's staff.

Back