Powering up electronic devices onboard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Taking my first Amtrak (DC to Seattle) and going coach. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to charge my IPOD, DVD player and cell phone. is it feasible to use outlets (if they are there) in the Lounge car? Has anyone tried using solar powered chargers that are supposed to be able to absorb sunshine (onboard, through the window) then can power devices? Maybe I'm too hooked on my gadgetry and should enjoy the ride itself, but it'll be a long one and thought I'd ask anyway!

It generally depends on the equiptment. for superliners generally there are outlets in the bathrooms and in the 'bar' areas of the sightseer; for amfleets and horizons, there are genrally outlets by the windows, but they tend not to be inline with the seats, there are also usually outlets in the cafe cars as well as the bathrooms. I can't say anything about the heritage equip. technically all sleeper rooms should have electric too.

peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back