Physical Condition of the SWC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbytony

Train Attendant
Was wondering what the Condition of the SWC (#4) cars are. Especially the large Bedrooms. Are they updated or need updating?

Thanks

Was wondering what the Condition of the SWC (#4) cars are. Especially the large Bedrooms. Are they updated or need updating?

Thanks
Aloha

End of April, returning in May I rode the SWC round trip from Fullerton to Chicago, Both trains were in good condition.

Thanks
SWC doesn't have the freshest-looking cars in the fleet, but they are still in pretty good shape.

There is no way to know with the Chief. You could get a refurbished car or you could get one of the older cars. Only the EB really promises to always have refurbished cars.

I recently rode CHI-ABQ, and two days later ABQ-LAX.

It seemed to me the cars were a bit nicer the second leg of that run. But what was more evident was that the Diner staff was MUCH better. I wonder if there is any correlation? Can't think why there would be...

We rode the SWChief in late May of this year and it seemed fine.

My experience with Amtrak is that most train sets are the same.

Some of the cars have been refurbished and some need to be refurbished.

Either way, I enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back