PHL 30th Street Lounge Baggage Storage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
In June, I'll need to store a roller bag at 30th Street for 3-4 hours, before my NER trip from PHL to KIN. I will have limited time to wait in lines or run around the station, as I have to catch a regional train to Manayunk after stowing the bag. I have a single day pass to the Metropolitan Lounge. I'm very familiar with the station, but have never been in the Lounge, nor have I stored any baggage the old-fashioned way ($10?). Have you recently used this lounge, and/or have knowledge of whether single-day pass holders are allowed to store baggage there? It does not say on the pass one way or the other.
Thanks.

Hi all,
In June, I'll need to store a roller bag at 30th Street for 3-4 hours, before my NER trip from PHL to KIN. I will have limited time to wait in lines or run around the station, as I have to catch a regional train to Manayunk after stowing the bag. I have a single day pass to the Metropolitan Lounge. I'm very familiar with the station, but have never been in the Lounge, nor have I stored any baggage the old-fashioned way ($10?). Have you recently used this lounge, and/or have knowledge of whether single-day pass holders are allowed to store baggage there? It does not say on the pass one way or the other.
Thanks.
I haven't been in the Metro Lounge @ 30th St. in 2 years, but when it was remodeled the Cabinets where you could store your Luggage were removed, but you should be able to Safely Leave your stuff with the Lounge Attendant, don't forget to tip!

Maybe a member that has been there recently has an update???

I haven't been in the Metro Lounge @ 30th St. in 2 years, but when it was remodeled the Cabinets where you could store your Luggage were removed, but you should be able to Safely Leave your stuff with the Lounge Attendant, don't forget to tip!

Maybe a member that has been there recently has an update???
I did this a few months ago when I used the lounge.

Back from Philadelphia, I can report on the Metropolitan Lounge there. My day pass worked fine, the lounge was great, view over the main station, excellent coffee!! Free M&Ms!! Good trail mix!! You can take the elevators straight down to the tracks from there, no waiting in line inside the main station. "Bob Dylan" is right, the cabinets were removed but the attendant let me leave my two bags near her desk. I gave her $10 (optional) and went off to my Regional Rail adventure. (Wish their agent had told me seniors ride free, wasted $5.25 there.) Upon my return to the Lounge to catch Amtrak home, a different agent was at the desk, and seemed slightly confused about my pass, which I'd given up originally, but she allowed me in again when I showed my ticket. So, the plan worked out very well, except I left my favorite Yards Brewing Company cap on the Manayunk-Norristown line. Waah.

Back from Philadelphia, I can report on the Metropolitan Lounge there. My day pass worked fine, the lounge was great, view over the main station, excellent coffee!! Free M&Ms!! Good trail mix!! You can take the elevators straight down to the tracks from there, no waiting in line inside the main station. "Bob Dylan" is right, the cabinets were removed but the attendant let me leave my two bags near her desk. I gave her $10 (optional) and went off to my Regional Rail adventure. (Wish their agent had told me seniors ride free, wasted $5.25 there.) Upon my return to the Lounge to catch Amtrak home, a different agent was at the desk, and seemed slightly confused about my pass, which I'd given up originally, but she allowed me in again when I showed my ticket. So, the plan worked out very well, except I left my favorite Yards Brewing Company cap on the Manayunk-Norristown line. Waah.

I’m so glad it worked out well for you! And that the lounge still sounds nice.

One of my favorite places in Philly—when you could just show a Select Plus card or a lounge pass without a train ticket, I used to get off SEPTA there and have snacks and coffee and relax before heading downtown to my hotel.

I haven’t been in Philly for a couple of years and am hoping all the people I remember are still there.

There was a wonderful man—Tad—at the desk, and I’m hoping that he and all the other lounge attendants have come through the past couple of years okay.

Back