parking at Indianapolis station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

indyparking

Anyone know anything about the parking at the Indianapolis station? Is it free or pay, and would it be a relatively safe place to leave a car during a three or four day trip?

Anyone know anything about the parking at the Indianapolis station? Is it free or pay, and would it be a relatively safe place to leave a car during a three or four day trip?
I know for sure there is no free parking at the IND station. There are some lots within a block or two of the station but I don't know if they allow overnight parking. There is a Holiday Inn associated with the station and I'm sure they have some type of parking for guests. A call to them might give you some info on what they know about parking in the area. Across the plaza from the Holiday Inn is a large skating rink and there is a large underground parking lot I have used many times, but again, I don't know if they allow over night parking. The area is perfectly safe during the daylight hours, but I wouldn't want to be walking around in the wee hours very far from the station.

Wish I could help more.

I know for sure there is no free parking at the IND station. There are some lots within a block or two of the station but I don't know if they allow overnight parking. There is a Holiday Inn associated with the station and I'm sure they have some type of parking for guests. A call to them might give you some info on what they know about parking in the area. Across the plaza from the Holiday Inn is a large skating rink and there is a large underground parking lot I have used many times, but again, I don't know if they allow over night parking. The area is perfectly safe during the daylight hours, but I wouldn't want to be walking around in the wee hours very far from the station.

Wish I could help more.
We stayed in that Holiday Inn (actually it's a Crowne Plaza) in Indianapolis' old Union Station in December, before a (planned) ride on the Cardinal up to Chicago to start a week's vacation, and left our car there for the week before a (planned) return mirror-image trip. Pretty expensive parking at $25 per day! (And added to that, we never did get on the Cardinal, since it was annulled before it reached IND on its way to CHI and we had to take a nasty old Greyhound instead, and then our train from L.A. was so many hours late on the return trip that we were Am-vanned for seven snowy and icy hours from Galesburg IL to Indianapolis (much cleaner than the Greyhound, but still ...). Plus, the hotel front desk insisted that the only way to get from the hotel to the Amtrak part of the station is outside and through a highway underpass on either side, instead of through the building ... in the dark!)

There's a rather outdated website here where the OP can find phone numbers to call various downtown parking facilities to ask about long-term parking, but they're all pretty expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back