Pacific Parlour Car Rules

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisiana has a lower drinking age (not sure, maybe 18???) so underage can cross the borders to party there too!
Louisiana's drinking age is 21. They changed the law back around 1996 or 97. This was so that they would receive federal highway funding dollars. Prior to that it was 18 to purchase and 21 to consume and what a joke of a law it was back then.

Louisiana has a lower drinking age (not sure, maybe 18???) so underage can cross the borders to party there too!
Louisiana's drinking age is 21. They changed the law back around 1996 or 97. This was so that they would receive federal highway funding dollars. Prior to that it was 18 to purchase and 21 to consume and what a joke of a law it was back then.
Thanks for the update,Ive seen obvious teenagers drinking in New Orleans so figured it was still 18!! ^_^ (I know, New Orleans is another country!) ! Id say that ALL Drinking/Alcohol Laws are a Joke! :wacko: And yes, you have to plan ahead in Texas, some people have to drive hundreds of miles to purchase their alcohol, it's a looooooong way across Texas!! :help:

PPC rules?
huh.gif
I don't care about no dang rules!
mosking.gif

But bottom line is that minors are most definitely welcome at the tasting and there are non-alcoholic choices for both minors and even adults who would prefer not to imbibe.

I was on the #14 last month & the PPC Attendant announced on the IC that minors were not allowed!!! ( There was a lady with an 11 year old son who stayed in the roomette while the Mom attented the Tasting.) Maybe it was because it was a very crowed train!?!?
Ok, so how about AU members that sometimes behave like children? :giggle:

I'm sure they have rules about children being in the PPC on the Coast Starlight during the Wine and Cheese Tasting, but the two times we rode in '09, they were not enforced. When we were heading north, a couple with two young children, around 3 or 4 years and 5 or 6 years were allowed to sit with their parents at the booth throughout the tasting. They were pretty bored. At one point the older one went down to the theater, but didn't stay long. The younger one whined and cried through the last half. On the southbound trip, there were some teenagers who wanted to finish their board game, and the Attendant gave them permission to stay 'as long as you don't disturb the other passengers'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back