Overnight at CUS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
I am scheduled to arrive CUS on #8 Feb 18....since they have been running quite late, I have mixed feelings about paying for a room....is it feasible to just stay in the station all night? I'll be leaving on 5 the next day.

I am scheduled to arrive CUS on #8 Feb 18....since they have been running quite late, I have mixed feelings about paying for a room....is it feasible to just stay in the station all night? I'll be leaving on 5 the next day.
Unless there is a very late arrival coming in, I believe the station is closed from midnight to 5am.

You can't stay in the station all night. If you don't want to pay for a room, you could hop on the Blue Line and hang out at O'Hare (or just ride the El all night).

And if you get hungry in the middle of the night, there is a McDonald's a short walk from the Rosemont station - there's a table with an outlet near the door on the gas station side of the building, if you need to charge anything :)

if u ask them nicely and they are in a good mood they will let u stay over night

2 years ago i was going home on the morning wolverine, i asked nicely they let me stay on a

bench where they had a morning train, i was able to use the rest room, so be polite and ask nicely

they may let u stay

While #8 might arrive late - and I repeat MIGHT - why would you even consider sitting in the station for that long of a time. Get a room somewhere - maybe not downtown, but there are plenty of suburban hotels/motels which are less expensive.

While #8 might arrive late - and I repeat MIGHT - why would you even consider sitting in the station for that long of a time. Get a room somewhere - maybe not downtown, but there are plenty of suburban hotels/motels which are less expensive.
Or the hostel on Congress.

There's a really great app called "Hotel Tonight". I think MI Rider told me about it. Anyway, it searches for hotels with last-minute deals on rooms they weren't able to fill that evening. I've seen hotels in the Loop that are normally $200/night give rooms away for $75.

If it is 5 pm and not 5 am the next day, then by all means splash out for a room. I have heard good reviews, many from fellow AU'ers about the Hostel International

There's a really great app called "Hotel Tonight". I think MI Rider told me about it. Anyway, it searches for hotels with last-minute deals on rooms they weren't able to fill that evening. I've seen hotels in the Loop that are normally $200/night give rooms away for $75.

I did and a guest poster here is how I found out about it.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a room at the last minute.

The rooms available for that day go live at 9am.

If you can access the web on the train, you can book your room that way or wait until you can get a signal at the station.

The type of room you get cannot be guaranteed so if you're traveling with someone you'd rather not share a bed with.... um, well :eek:

Hotel Tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
TripAdvisor is my favorite site for trip planning. I've managed to find some really great hotels that I probably wouldn't have given a second glance otherwise. The traveler photos are my favorite feature, as they allow you to see everything in better detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back