Oregon Talgos

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in WI, and having the new sets built/ "assembled" in WI, I wish you Oregonians the best of luck with the new Talgo equipment. When the equipment was sent from Milwaukee to Colorado for testing, it was sent through Madison via the WSOR. I was able to watch the equipment as it made its' way through my hometown. I was so disappointed to lose the funding for the Madison passenger service extension, but I digress.

Enjoy the new equipment, guys!

I found this video of the Talgo equipment being transported across WI back a little over a year ago on YouTube. I felt a little sad when I watched it. In my opinion, Wisconsin really lost out and our loss is Oregon's gain.

Nice pictures, Charlie! Thanks!

I'm hoping Mt. Jefferson will still be on 510 next month... Looks like a good use for an upgrade coupon to me!

How do the New Talgos Ride compared to the Old Ones??
About the same, I think. We feel every bump in BNSF's roadbed. UP south of Portland is smoother, iMHO, but I won't be going that way today. The Talgo seats are actually firmer, but that may change as a few more rear ends break them in.

The conductor commented that there are a few items he doesn't like: no luggage racks, no newspaper racks, smaller overhead bins, need to wait until the train stops and engineer okays before opening doors, half forward/half rear-facing seats that don't reverse. He thinks the luggage storage issue will be a big problem in busy times, and that they'll have to enforce Amtrak's rules on luggage sizes.

I'm guessing the recent mudslide closure near Everett threw the rotation out of whack, and nobody's bothered to crunch the new info yet.

Or perhaps by this point they feel the novelty has worn off so there's less interest from the public in tracking the new sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back