Ohio Tri-C Corridor by 2010

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't believe it until they have actual trains running on actual tracks, I buy an actual ticket, I go to an actual station, get onboard an actual train to Cleveland, watch the Indians lose another heartbreaking game to the Yankees and/or Red Sox, and ride an actual train back home. THEN I'll believe it.
Cynical a little bit?

Why can't we just have a little faith?
But it's true, if the Indians actually won he'd know the whole thing was just a dream... :(

And, if the tracks do need work-- doesn't that create jobs?
Remember-- Ohio has a TON of blue-collar laid off steel-mill workers all around the state who would love any kind of work.
Is there any danger of large amounts of rail construction increasing the demand for steel to the point where they could go back to manufacturing steel?

Remember-- Ohio has a TON of blue-collar laid off steel-mill workers all around the state who would love any kind of work.
Is there any danger of large amounts of rail construction increasing the demand for steel to the point where they could go back to manufacturing steel?

Oh Dear! Jobs being provided!

A large part of the reason why some areas haven't seen rail service in nearly 40 years was the country as a whole did/does not support the use of rail (high speed or otherwise) for the purpose of transportation. Certain folks are starting to see the potential of this service in densely populated corridors that see a large amount of point to point travel. It's definitely feasible to launch these corridors, but most cities lack something that most cities along the NEC have, mass transit when you get there. In Boston, NYC, Philly, or Washington it is more than feasible (if not smarter) to get around the city using public transportation. Most cities outside of the Northeast lack this type of infrastructure (Chicago and San Francisco being possible exceptions). So in order for high speed intercity service to truly succeed you must also build up mass transit once you are at your destination.

In Ohio alone, I doubt it. But if it was a nation-wide thing.. I suspect the rust belt might have to get busy again.

If they ever get the steel tariffs sorted out again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back