New Schedule - Sunset Limited and other Changes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

russianrail

Train Attendant
Happy Schedule Change Day! It appears that #1 left on-time this morning on the new schedule of 9:00am out of NOL (although last week #2 was testing out the new schedule, running over 6 hours late at Lake Charles...).

Are there any other major changes in the timetable? A quick glance at the new timetable doesn't reveal other substantive changes, but just wanted to be sure I am not missing something.

Thanks.

If you mean changes in the schedule from when they first posted the changes? We got a call that instead of leaving at 8:30 from Tucson, it will leave at 7:30PM. Hopefully someone who takes the trip with the new schedule will post any positives and negatives.

Well, not sure that this qualifies as "major", but I did notice one thing besides the new Sunset Limited schedule - the thruway bus from Michigan that connects with the CL/LSL at TOL now includes a stop in Jackson (after East Lansing, but before Ann Arbor). Hardly a big deal, but it is nice for anyone who wants to go to the east coast from JXN. The bus is a dedicated bus for Amtrak passengers (though it is a charter, unlike the Amtrak California buses..), so it isn't a case of Greyhound adding a stop... Personally, I've taken this bus a few times (and will again in a few weeks for the CL) - hence why I was even paying attention to it.

I noticed that Hope, ARK now has an arrival time for trains #21,22 instead of TBA. They are estimating that the new platform will be ready in June.

The connection from sb cs to eb ssl is only about an hour. How is this a legal connection? I thought part of the rational for changing this schedule was to restore that connectivity.

Looks like 1 got the delay in SAs. The TE yesterday arrived into SAS really late. That might have affected 1. Otherwise it was on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back