New Member taking Amtrak Vacations trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just signed up to AU. I have been here before as a guest. Great user board, folks. Thanks for that!

I will be taking an Amtrak Vacations trip from Oregon to Denver, then stopping on the return trip in Grand Junction and shuttling to Moab for two days / nights. The Vacation includes a "tour" of Arches and Canyonlands on one of those days. Does anyone know what tour operator does this service with Amtrak? Duration of the tour? Start and stop times? ANY other pertinent information that you have? I need to know this to make solid plans on other excursions for that day or the other day.

I will be making this trip mid June.

Thanks so much! This is a great forum!

Welcome to AU. Just in case you were not aware, Amtrak Vacations is not Amtrak. Amtrak Vacations is a travel agency.

Here is a link to a fairly recent Amtrak Vacation thread.

https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/amtrak-vacations.79410/#post-1017897

Some of us, including me, avoid using Amtrak Vacations since it is general more cost effective to plan one's own vacation.

Welcome to AU. Just in case you were not aware, Amtrak Vacations is not Amtrak. Amtrak Vacations is a travel agency.

Here is a link to a fairly recent Amtrak Vacation thread.

https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/amtrak-vacations.79410/#post-1017897

Some of us, including me, avoid using Amtrak Vacations since it is general more cost effective to plan one's own vacation.
Thanks, Penny. I'm learning. I'm going to stay with Amtrak Vacations for this trip, since even that took a lot of back and forth planning. Next time, I'll book direct with each entity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an online account with Amtrak Vacations? If so click on your reservation number, and see if there is a date/time for your tour(s). My reservation had the time, plus the name of the tour that I could click on for more info, from there I searched online for "Red Bus" tours and found out how long the tour was.

Attachments

• Amtrak Vacations info.png
    Amtrak Vacations info.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
Do you have an online account with Amtrak Vacations? If so click on your reservation number, and see if there is a date/time for your tour(s). My reservation had the time, plus the name of the tour that I could click on for more info, from there I searched online for "Red Bus" tours and found out how long the tour was.
Thanks, Nance. I'll give that a try. I did that once, just after I made reservations (like the next day) and it couldn't find my reservation. I'll check again.

Back