New member intro

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day to all. I've been riding Amtrak since its beginning and have some nice, if fading, memories of long-gone trains including the Floridian, National Limited, Pioneer, Desert Wind, and more recently, the Broadway Limited.

My usual routes are PIT-PHL and PIT-DC.

I know Amtrak is trying, but after 50+ years of it, I'm frequently left with the impression that they are not certain what they are doing. I'm very interested in what is planned for Ohio in the upcoming expansion, and I hope that Americans who do not live along the NEC will someday enjoy good equipment, stations, and service.

Welcome to AU, you will find much useful information here and much discussion of the feasibility and desirability of Amtrak's current plans for expansion across the country, including Ohio.

Thanks. OBS - that was a while ago. Yes, I saw that or a similar thread recently about building a high level platform, and there was a track map included. It was stated that the platform would serve Track 1 or 3 but not both. Any improvement would provide a better impression to a first-rime visitor.

Back