New Feature at amtrak.com

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting feature, with a sense of humor. I put MKE as both my origin and destination station, and the computer said "You might as well walk between these two stations."

Has anyone gotten it to work under linux? I do have flash properly installed (according to the flash website), and other flash sites work fine. I think Amtrak must be scanning for a windows based operating system. I really dislike web-designers who try to be smarter than their users. :angry:

cbender said:
Has anyone gotten it to work under linux?  I do have flash properly installed (according to the flash website), and other flash sites work fine.  I think Amtrak must be scanning for a windows based operating system.  I really dislike web-designers who try to be smarter than their users.   :angry:
I don't think it's an issue of Windows vs. Linux, but rather Flash 7 vs. Flash 8. The current version of Flash for Linux is 7.0.63.0, while the site states that it requires Flash 8. I'm guessing that Amtrak's web developers used Flash 8 to develop the route map, so they probably expect that it won't run on anything less than version 8. Unfortunately, all us Linux users can do is wait until Macromedia gets around to porting version 8. :(

What does the route do? I brought it up but I must be doing something weird because it just shows a route but that is it.

cbender said:
Has anyone gotten it to work under linux? I do have flash properly installed (according to the flash website), and other flash sites work fine. I think Amtrak must be scanning for a windows based operating system. I really dislike web-designers who try to be smarter than their users. :angry:
It works fine for me on Apple's Macintosh OS X 10.4.6. I know Denmarks also uses a mac and he was able to access it, so the system is at least not Windows-only.

It works fine for me on Apple's Macintosh OS X 10.4.6. I know Denmarks also uses a mac and he was able to access it, so the system is at least not Windows-only.
OK, well that is at least better than blocking non-windows computers (which some sites do). The flash 7/8 issue is becoming more common, but the error message I got didn't state that the problem was with my flash version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is the actual info if anyone needs it:

24-Hour Service From Union Station

FlyAway buses leave from Berth 9 located at Union Station East Portal/Patsaouras Transit Plaza. Passengers are dropped off at LAX on the Departure/Upper Level at each terminal. The following schedule is daily, including weekends and holidays.

5:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.

Every 30 minutes on the hour and half-hour

1:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m.

Every hour on the hour

From LAX - FlyAway buses pick up at every LAX terminal on the Arrival/Lower level under the green signs indicating "FlyAway, Buses and Long-Distance Vans." The following schedule is daily, including weekends and holidays.

5:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.

Every 30 minutes on the hour and half-hour

1:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m.

Every hour on the hour

Fares

Both roundtrip and one-way bus fare tickets are available for purchase at a kiosk adjacent to Berth 9 at Union Station East Portal/Patsaouras Transit Plaza. Passengers traveling from LAX to Union Station, and who did not previously purchase roundtrip tickets, must pay bus fare upon arrival at the ticket kiosk adjacent to LAX FlyAway stop at Berth 9 at Patsaouras Transit Plaza. Payment for tickets is with cash only. No personal checks, credit or debit cards accepted for purchases. There is an ATM (automated teller machine) located inside Union Station on the Alameda Street side.

Adults:

One way - $3.00

Round Trip - $6.00

Children:

Under 2 years free

2-12 years - $2.00 each way

FlyAway buses are designed with luggage bays and feature cushioned seats. Porter service is available to riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back