Need info on Empire Builder service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get from Seattle to Malta, MT for a funeral.This afternoon, I received the phone call and e-mail saying that my trip (planned for Thurs 6/9/11) was cancelled. When I spoke to an agent about getting a refund (if trains run on 6/10, I would not get into Malta in time for the funeral), I was told that trains may run WB on 6/9 and to check back the morning of my trip. From what I've read upthread, this is incorrect information, AND THE DAILY TRAIN IS CANCELLED. Has anyone heard anything different?

I should suggest they make it a bit bigger or make it flash or something.
There used to be a tag "<blink>", I believe, that made text flash in some browsers. Everyone hated it.

I don't know if there is some other way to alert Webpage viewers of important information without it being annoying to someone.
<BLINK> and <MARQUEE> have gone the way of the dodo, and good riddance- though some sites still manage to accomplish the same effect via either animated .gifs or flash.

The standard for alerting visitors to important information is to use a highly contrasting colour and larger font- much like Amtrak's prominent ALERT icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back