National Train Day 2010 Plans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Location?

• Washington DC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phildelphia

• Chicago

• Los Angeles

• Other City

• Just Riding Trains

• Not participating

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I started this poll for last years train day, and wanted to start it for this year. I find it to be a good place to touch base with other members that might be participating, and allow you to connect with them.

Enjoy the Day!

Hopefully soon we will see the AGR Promo :cool:

I am heading off on my first overnight rail trip that day. I have a stopover of a few hours in Chicago before I take the EB to Seattle.

I'll be in Memphis, might check out the "display" there (Most likely in a tux if I'm coming from my cousins wedding :lol: )!
Aloha

If I am on mainland in may the best dress for me will be a tux T-shirt. April will be a pivot month.

I'll be in Memphis, might check out the "display" there (Most likely in a tux if I'm coming from my cousins wedding :lol: )!
Aloha

If I am on mainland in may the best dress for me will be a tux T-shirt. April will be a pivot month.
Amtrak doesn't go to Hawaii, but it goes to Antarctica - who knew! :lol: (There's at least 2 penguins that ride Amtrak! :p )

Likely LAX again, where on NTD 2009 Team Whooz had the honor and pleasure of hanging out with AU members sportbiker, chuljin, and singwith.

We all toured the private varnish on display, some did the Disney train and Amtrak cars, Team Whooz rode Surfliners out to Fullerton and back for dinner with sportbiker, and a fine time was had by all.

By virtue of showing up early we got this video of Santa Fe 4-8-4 3751:

Other National Train Day L.A. stuff:

National Train Day L.A. 2009

And just to be a geek, from a week earlier...

Whooz That On Beech Grove

I just booked a trip to WAS for National Train Day also will check out the changes at museums and maybe the cherry blossems will be in bloom.

Besides, some of us AU members ARE mothers, too. A nice relaxing train ride might be just the thing.

We're talking Baseball! and Trains!! Philly it will be, arriving on the Cardinal (@ long last!),leaving on the Crescent for tthe Big Easy on 5/08 after a great day @ 30th St. with all the other fine folks coming to Philadelphia! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to work on 5/8 up here in Milwaukee, but I don't have to go in until 3:30PM.

So... I'll probably catch the Hiawatha that gets into Chicago at 10:20AM and leave on the 1:05PM one... and spend about 3 hours milling around the happenings there.

They were also looking for Trails & Rails volunteers to talk to people at Train Day in Chicago so I might do that and sport my green shirt.

If anyone is planning to be in Chicago before 1PM on Train Day let me know and maybe we can meet up for lunch or something... :)

Well, I started this poll for last years train day, and wanted to start it for this year. I find it to be a good place to touch base with other members that might be participating, and allow you to connect with them.
Enjoy the Day!

Hopefully soon we will see the AGR Promo :cool:
In 2008 I rode to DC to attend train day. Great displays of varnish and motive power along with vendors, etc., well worth the trip from TRE. Last year I attended the event in Philly and was very disappointed with the limited displays, vendors, etc. Unless Philly really steps up its offering I'd recommend DC over Philly for an exciting TrainDay. That's one foamer's opinion :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I know plans are in the works for Portland Oregon. Not sure of any details.

Last year at Union Station the Pacific NW Chapter NRHS had an ex SP&S lounge/sleeper on display, The SP4449 was there, steamed up in all her glory (showing the hard work of the volunteers who tend her) and lots and lots of people. Amtrak had tours of some equipment.

I expect Oregon DOT/Amtrak to have some serious outreach efforts on effects to the Cascades service with the new Talgo purchase.

If you want to be involved in putting on the show contact or join the PNWC, Frends of the 4449, or the SP&S700 group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back