Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revisiting Hollywood for a second - here's a photo circa 1977 of the Hollywood, FL station from Trainweb. The giveaway is the sign on the two white poles. Here it is with the original Amtrak logo. THAT sign is still there, visible in the 'name that station' image but with the current Amtrak logo. I'm not aware of any station other than Hollywood which has a sign like this positioned the same way in relation to the station building and the platform.

hollywood_old_1977_apr4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the station 'on the clock' -

No Shanghai, it is not Raleigh, NC. This station has little in common with Raleigh.

Here's a hint - no train which stops at the station in this photo carries a sleeping car.

A 'bonus' hint - This is a photo which I took while sitting on a train making the station stop.

How about this for our next one?

Station is active and busy. Shouldn't take long for someone in this part of the country to recognize it.

1383118_10201836099920419_1001326956_n.jpg

I would say that is Lancaster, PA., based on the deflectors over the tracks. The catenary would be above the photographer on the main tracks.

The station appears to be a lot cleaner since I was last there.

Portland, OR?
Yes, this is Portland, OR. I like the red roofs . Your turn Aaron !
I thought that looked familiar. I was just in Portland in May and spotted 184 waiting to head out on that day's Empire Builder. Here's a picture. (Note: This isn't my contribution for you to guess where this station is. It's Portland. Just to avoid confusion...)

IMG_1469.jpg

Okay, here's my actual entry. This station has been in this thread a couple of times, but not from this angle that I've seen. The sign on the roof has the station name, but I blurred it out.

IMG_1482.JPG

The Home of Starbucks, Boeing, the Twin Stadiums and Charlie Hamilton???? (That looks like Union Station to the Left, If So?, King Street Station Will Be on the Right! ;)

The Home of Starbucks, Boeing, the Twin Stadiums and Charlie Hamilton???? (That looks like Union Station to the Left, If So?, King Street Station Will Be on the Right! ;)
Jim, you are correct.
Since I can't Post Pics it's Open to anyone that has a One ready! (Union Station is One of my Faves Charlie, I'm looking Forward to seeing the "Rehabbed" King Street Station when I can get back to Seatlle!)

Back