Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken this summer. I've temporarily deleted my signature since that might give it away.

[edit: apologies for the picture being sideways. I have no idea why it's like that since it's vertical on both my phone and laptop]

[edit 2: fixed]

name that station2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what it is but that sure is a nice overhead view of Amfleets. They're Amfleet I but not on the electrified segments. Why does that second Amfleet on the left have a big gash on top?

Albany is correct! I took this when transferring from the Maple Leaf to the Adirondack back in August. When I booked the Adirondack it was sold out from NYP-Albany, but I snagged the last seat on the Maple Leaf that day and had a short layover in Albany.

Consulting my archive, Lets go with this station:

nov15guess.jpg

Grand Forks, ND is correct!

grand_forks19.jpg

The first photo I took on a road trip, this photo was the train was 7 hours late! I asked the conductor if there would be any smoke stops. The response "I guess we'll do a quick one at Grand Forks so there isn't a revolt" (the next one shouldn't have been until MSP).

This is a setting sun in late July if that helps with figuring the time line at this station.

Plano, IL. Slightly misleading in that I was thinking of stations without a proper depot building, but I couldn't recall any on the Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg route. But the shelter in the picture is across from the depot at Plano. Tricky, tricky! :hi:
Unintentional trickiness, but you are right! (I took it as I was boarding to go eastbound into Chicago, and I needed to be on that side of the tracks if I didn't want to be left in Plano!)

Back