Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Memphis and road the Heartland Flyer as a quick overnight on the same month long tip.

For the Flyer I spent the night in Norman, much cheeper than downtown OKC and then took a commuter bus up to OKC early the next morning to catch the train there and say I've ridden the entire route. It's really a great little train, friendly crew, cheeper Cafe Car.

The next photo is San Jose-Diridon, the Caltrain blue boarding assistance please chairs give it away.

No, I haven't, although the Flyer is on my list for 2014. I made an educated guess from the "Oklahoman" sign on the water tank (?) at top right.

This ought to be easy. It was taken near dusk, and the bench was occupied by a couple of "ladies of the evening" shortly after the picture was taken.

559710_10200912570431369_2022009527_n.jpg
Would this be Los Angeles?
No, but you're on the right (er, left) coast.

No worries, I think we posted at nearly exactly the same time.

From my archive (I kind of wish I could just use a random station generator for these posts, or perhaps a Station of the Day Feature on the SubwayNut home page):

nov-7-guess.jpg

I got there early for the Vermonter in September, so I had lots of time to explore. Here is the outside of the station. The three people at the right of the photo are outside the waiting room. I will post another picture in a minute.

1b43deaf1910088b838415fb47d11348.jpg

Looks like Ticonderoga, NY (with some work in progress). If I'm correct, I defer on posting to anyone else who has a picture.

Looks like Ticonderoga, NY (with some work in progress). If I'm correct, I defer on posting to anyone else who has a picture.
Yes, it is Ticonderoga. The photo was from July, but it had not changed much when I passed through in September.

The next photo is open to anyone.

I still think this is Hollywood, FL on account of the sign on two poles with the new Amtrak logo on it. That sign used to have the original Amtrak logo and has been there at least as far back as my first trip to South Florida in 1986.

Cool....... I thought so. Having worked with a summer youth group in that area for several summers in the 1980's I've actually caught the train in and out of Hollywood 10-12 times over the years.

How about this for our next one?

Station is active and busy. Shouldn't take long for someone in this part of the country to recognize it.

1383118_10201836099920419_1001326956_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back