Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll post another one in the tiny waiting room category:

kewanee12.jpg

Not Jefferson City. Sorry. Do try again.
Kirkwood, final answer.
You should have called someone for help!! Kirkwood is incorrect.

There is a clue in the picture. It is not in Missouri.
If you're talking about the flags, that's what I was looking at. The flag on the right is tricolor red/white/blue top to bottom. Only Missouri has a flag that's RWB tricolor like that...
The clue is not the flags.

Not Jefferson City. Sorry. Do try again.
Kirkwood, final answer.
You should have called someone for help!! Kirkwood is incorrect.

There is a clue in the picture. It is not in Missouri.
If you're talking about the flags, that's what I was looking at. The flag on the right is tricolor red/white/blue top to bottom. Only Missouri has a flag that's RWB tricolor like that...
The clue is not the flags.
Ah, but I think the flags ARE a clue - I think the Red, White and Blue horizontal tricolor on the right that I initially mistook for the state flag of Missouri is actually the national flag of the Netherlands, also represented by the tulips. The Netherlands, of course, also being known as Holland, as in Michigan. :giggle:

Edit: To be honest, though, it wasn't the tulips OR the flags that gave it to me. It was the "171" over the door and cross-referencing it with my system timetable book station list and finding HOM at "171 Lincoln Ave". Of course, the flag and tulips made sense, then.

Last edited by a moderator:
You finally got it right!! Congrats. I didn't see the "171" over the door, but you

are correct on the flag and the tulips. We lived in the Netherlands for three years

and my wife would buy a season ticket to Keukenhof Gardens where the tulip displays

were outstanding.

Your turn to post an Amtrak station picture.

In all seriousness, I actually know this one. My ex-Mother in law used to live here. From her house, we'd go to the end of Cypress Gardens Blvd, go straight through the light, over the tracks, make a left and the station was right there on the left. If you go another quarter of a mile or so there's a restaurant called Harborside on the shore of Lake Shipp that had the best fried alligator!!

All of this is in Winter Haven, FL

In all seriousness, I actually know this one. My ex-Mother in law used to live here. From her house, we'd go to the end of Cypress Gardens Blvd, go straight through the light, over the tracks, make a left and the station was right there on the left. If you go another quarter of a mile or so there's a restaurant called Harborside on the shore of Lake Shipp that had the best fried alligator!!

All of this is in Winter Haven, FL

Correct!

Yes, I know Harbor Side restaurant on Lake Shipp. I had a quick snack there while waiting for the train one day. Fried pickle chips... yummy!

That's two in a row for ParrotRob. :D

Since he has no photos to post, I'll go ahead and submit the next station photo:

IMG_1253r.jpg

Back