Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greensburg, PA?
that's it! You got it
The presence of what appears to be two active platforms threw me off. I don't know of any other station with two active platforms and only one daily round-trip passenger train. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I can't think of any of the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greensburg, PA?
that's it! You got it
The presence of what appears to be two active platforms threw me off. I don't know of any other station with two active platforms and only one daily round-trip passenger train. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I can't think of any of the top of my head.
Yep, greensburg has two active platforms. The station is underneath the tracks and you have to walk up separate staircases to get to the corresponding platforms. When I've used the station, a few minutes before the train arrives,the station attendent will let you know which platform to use

Greensburg, PA?
that's it! You got it
Yep, greensburg has two active platforms. The station is underneath the tracks and you have to walk up separate staircases to get to the corresponding platforms. When I've used the station, a few minutes before the train arrives,the station attendent will let you know which platform to use
My first (late) wife was from Greensburg, but after the demise of the Broadway Limited we always rode the Capitol Limited to and from Connellsville. The last time I was at the Greensburg station, it was for a brew fest.

Speaking of brew, there's a good brew restaurant near this station:

IMG_6792.jpg

*** Rubs head after falling out of chair following 90 degree head tilt ***

EASY, you say????

Since nobody has had a station picture for almost 2 months here is one. It show be an easy one for several members.

DSC_0218e.jpg

Holland is correct. I photoshopped out the Michigan flag but did not think to get rid of the address.

Don't feel bad. Some have made it even easier by posting a photo with the stations name intact!

Hope I didn't do the same with this one:

IMG_2609a.JPG

While you guys are still working on the station that isn't Albuquerque, NM (Forgive me, I just stumbled on this thread and misread the last few posts, it's late forgive me). I hope you don't mind if I make an offering of my own.

CRW_2132C.jpg

Credit: https://forums.auran.com/

Back