Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howzabout Crawfordsville IN? The station colors and the utility pole as seen on Google Earth's Street View seem to match your photo.

Crawfordsville, IN is correct...... a town in which until only a few years ago its' residents lived in the central time zone during the summer and the eastern time zone during the winter.

Thank you for saving me from resorting to my next clue..... that being that on Friday the passenger train stopping here will be brown and orange!

Your turn to post a photo!

Didn't have much to choose from, but it's the only exterior shot (albeit partial) in my shoebox:

IMG_0618a.JPG

If nothing else it's a good example of pincushion distortion.

I think I've got it since I rode past this station on August 5th......

I'd like to give someone else a chance to get it first though....... the game is more fun when more than just a couple or three people keep passing it back and forth.

It is not in Indiana!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I understand the rules correctly, if there are no correct answers after 24 hours a clue is called for. Here it is: In addition to being east of the Mississippi River, it's also north of the Ohio River.

Hmm. The last clue didn't elicit too many guesses. The last clue was that the station was located north of the Ohio River. And as the Ohio River begins in Pittsburgh PA, I'll cut the search area in half once again with: This mystery station is located north of the western half of the Ohio River.

This thread looks like it's turning into a real yawner. Nonetheless, here's another clue: The station name is also that of a holiday in (most parts of) the US.

This thread looks like it's turning into a real yawner. Nonetheless, here's another clue: The station name is also that of a holiday in (most parts of) the US.
you're making it too easy now.

guess it must be Columbus WI?

Columbus WI is correct! Your turn to post one.

FWIW, the station manager there said most of his customers are from Madison WI, about 30 minutes away. Takes us Yoopers about 4½ hours to get there if the weather's OK.

While it was 5 days in coming, I suppose there's lots of better things to do this time of year - cut the grass - get the snowblower ready for winter - wash the car - go play in the woods with the chainsaw. You know, the fun stuff!! :p

I'll post mine later today. I have a picture in mind but couldn't find it but now realize it's on my other computer.

well, I couldn't find the picture I had in mind (so maybe that's for another time),

but I'll leave you with this one for now

au_quiz.jpg

grabbed off Google Streetview

[Pssst! The name of the station, almost all of it, is still there! But I won't tell anyone, OK? :p ]

Edit: Rats - too late!

Possibly the only one I will ever get (I seem to be good at reading fine print and guessing first letters), which is why I guessed.

However, I don't know how to use modern-day cameras or post photos (skills still to be learned), so I will pass on my turn to whoever has those skills and would like to post the next photo.

P.S.--I love this thread and am glad it's back!

Back