Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see, it's made of brick, it's old, seems a bit in disrepair, and it has an old Amtrak sign on it.

THAT should narrow it down some.....................
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nope, not HAR.

Here's an easier pic.

mysterystation2.png

And if you still don't get it, your clue is: think Irish.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had South Bend earlier in the postings and it was not this building.

I have been through South Bend several times on the Capitol Limited and

the Lake Shore Limited and they did not stop at this station. If I recall,

the South Bend station was blue in color. Anyhow, it was fun trying to

find the station. How far is the station from Valpariso?

We had South Bend earlier in the postings and it was not this building.

I have been through South Bend several times on the Capitol Limited and

the Lake Shore Limited and they did not stop at this station. If I recall,

the South Bend station was blue in color. Anyhow, it was fun trying to

find the station. How far is the station from Valpariso?
Gee, you're right. At least it gave me a chance to take a shot at Notre Dame. That made it all worthwhile. :lol:

Actually no, the clue isn't THAT big a give-away. Haha. SBN is just a shelter isn't it? This isn't SBN, as Shanghai pointed out.

It's farther from Valpo to this station than it is to NYP from this station (as the crow flies).

Actually no, the clue isn't THAT big a give-away. Haha. SBN is just a shelter isn't it? This isn't SBN, as Shanghai pointed out.

It's farther from Valpo to this station than it is to NYP from this station (as the crow flies).
Amtrak's code for South Bend is the somewhat humorous, "SOB". SBN is the airport.

Could it be somewhere around Boston then (I'm thinking Irish)? I haven't been to Boston, so I haven't seen the stations, it's just a guess. But I'll be there this April.

Amtrak's code for South Bend is the somewhat humorous, "SOB". SBN is the airport.
Ah, right. Since we use airports for weather data, the airport codes pop up in my mind first, haha.

Here is the South Bend station:

southbend04.jpg

I don't know where you found the old station photo. I have never seen it.

No harm done, but you owe me one!!!

Now, back to the studies.

Oh and let me clarify about how far it is from Valpo, because I just reread what I wrote and it might be confusing/inaccurate. The distance from Mystery Station to Valpo is greater than the distance Valpo to NYP, as the crow flies.

South Bend's Amtrak Station Code is: SOB.

I don't know what code is worse, SOB or Johnny's SOL??

Why is one of the Northern most cities in Indiana named South Bend?

Of course, North Salem, IN is in the South!!

Oh and let me clarify about how far it is from Valpo, because I just reread what I wrote and it might be confusing/inaccurate. The distance from Mystery Station to Valpo is greater than the distance Valpo to NYP, as the crow flies.
Are you referring to Valpariso, Indiana? I think the distance (however the crow flies) from New York to Valpariso, IN

is far greater than the distance from South Bend, IN to Valpariso, IN. I hope you are not majoring in Geography!!

Are you referring to Valpariso, Indiana? I think the distance (however the crow flies) from New York to Valpariso, IN

is far greater than the distance from South Bend, IN to Valpariso, IN. I hope you are not majoring in Geography!!
You're correct on that, however, it is not South Bend. Not even close :p

Shanghai, I'm happy with SOL, it means sun in spanish

Solana Beach means sunny beach
Johnny, I think SOL has a somewhat different meaning in the US,

just ask the_traveler!!

How was your trip to VNC?
we're in between FUL and LAX right now

and Thunder Road, I never got an answer, is the station in question in New England?

WOW! I am confused. I thought you are a student at Valpariso University in Indiana.

I thought the station photo you posted was the old train station in South Bend, Indiana,

therefore I thought you were referencing the distance from South Bend, IN to Valpariso, IN.

Were you on the Sunday evening chat session a few weeks ago?

WOW! I am confused. I thought you are a student at Valpariso University in Indiana.

I thought the station photo you posted was the old train station in South Bend, Indiana,

therefore I thought you were referencing the distance from South Bend, IN to Valpariso, IN.

In order, that's...

Yes

No

No

Yes

haha

Ok what if I said you would find this person working in the kitchen at an Irish restaurant? (Do NOT overthink this, it's a simple and rather lame pun.)

In order, that's...

Yes

No

No

Yes

haha

OK, I just reread all of the posts - carefully!!

The station isn't South Bend, IN, but another station

more than 696 - 875 track miles (CL - LSL) from Valpariso, IN.

Interesting. I will do some more research, but I need to take

my dog outside first!!

Johnny, I hope your trip goes well.

The distance is as the crow flies, I was too lazy to measure track miles. Although I assume that the track miles would be rather similar to a straight line in this case.

Back