Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berlin, CT.
Good job! This dilapidated depot is indeed Berlin, CT. I caught a shuttle there for NTD in 2009… Your turn!

13638_1059243367328_4475772_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure looks like Denver Union Station.....I can easily recognize it (spent a part of my life there), but the surrounding buildings and structures are 'foreign'... :)

And as they used to say on the sides of Railbox box cars: "Next load, any road".....

by that I mean anyone feel free to post. I am still posting-challenged' in that respect... :blush:

Yeah that shed.....somehow I get the feeling that 'open sky' look would be more appropriate at Dallas....... :p

(Inside joke for those familiar with the Cowboy's stadium....)

Yes railiner - this is Denver Union Station.

railiner has passed so the thread belongs to anyone who would like to post next. Perhaps AmtrakBlue as you also correctly identified Denver and that 'shed'.

This area looks much different from when I spent several summers working with a youth group in Denver in the mid-1980's. I can't wait to get back after Union Station reopens and the new commuter rail line to the airport is running.

This photo was taken during a California Zephyr trip in February 2013. We arrived in Denver ahead of schedule and I had about 90 minutes to walk around taking photos. In parting, here is another one that I took shortly after dawn that morning -

5352_10200567769332947_694372132_n.jpg

The only buildings I recognize are the ones along the Wynkoop Street side.....I left there in 1989, so saying a lot has changed is quite the understatement for that city... ;)

Chicago Union Station, south concourse. Building in the distance is the cavernous old main Post Office, of note because 1) one of the recent Batman movies was filmed in the lobby, and 2) old mail platforms that figure into many plans (official, unofficial, and fantastical) to expand Union Station's capacity.

Back